Photo
- - - - -

Concerns upgrading from Pagelines to DMS 2

upgrade DMS2 Pagelines

Best Answer Danny , 27 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Hi Rasmus,

To be honest, this isn't an upgrade or update, its actually a migration as PageLines Framework and DMS are two separate products. If you were to install DMS on your live site using PageLine Framework, your site will take on the default look and layout of DMS.

So the best thing to do in my opinion so you don't effect your live site is to develop your site locally or on a test live site. When you're happy with your new site using DMS, you can import the settings to DMS on your live site.

To work locally you will want to use an application such as MAMP for OSX or XAMPP for Windows/OSX.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rallevondalle

rallevondalle

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

Hi there. 

I'm a tad nervous regarding upgrading my whole site (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) from Pagelines to DMS 2. 

Cheers, Rasmus 

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:59 AM   Best Answer

Hi Rasmus,

To be honest, this isn't an upgrade or update, its actually a migration as PageLines Framework and DMS are two separate products. If you were to install DMS on your live site using PageLine Framework, your site will take on the default look and layout of DMS.

So the best thing to do in my opinion so you don't effect your live site is to develop your site locally or on a test live site. When you're happy with your new site using DMS, you can import the settings to DMS on your live site.

To work locally you will want to use an application such as MAMP for OSX or XAMPP for Windows/OSX.

#3 rallevondalle

rallevondalle

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

Ok, thanks.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15680 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

No problem, if you're still uncomfortable performing the migration you can contact one of our third party developer who may be able to assist you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: upgrade, DMS2, Pagelines