DMS pro tools plugin

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there. 

I am currently working on a website (thermomurhus.no) and I have a problem with the dms pro tools plugin. When I edit the website I get a message saing that I should download the DMS pro tools plugin for free. However when I klick the link to my downloads, no DMS pro tools plugin is to be find. Only the themes I have bought are there. 

I am also working on another website (tegnepartner.no) and there I have the plugin installed. Do I have to buy the DMS basic version to be able to get the DMS pro tools plugin? 

Thanks for any help :) 

-Markus Børresen

13 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Markus,

The DMS Pro Tools plugin is a free plugin you can download from your PageLines account - https://cloudup.com/cRproMU_vpm

Posted · Report post

If it's not there, you will need to contact our helpdesk and ask for assistance there. As I can not review user accounts.

hello at pagelines dot com

Posted · Report post

I have tried to send a mail, but wouldn't it just be possible to provide me with a link to download the plugin?

This is really starting to be frustrating and I would like to have my site up and running yesterday.  

-Markus Børresen 

Posted · Report post

There are no direct links to files, that is why they appear your account, so they're protected. Also, the DMS Pro Tools plugin doesn't add any core sections to DMS, so you're still free to develop your site without the plugin installed.

Our helpdesk staff are the only ones who have access to users accounts, so they're the best people to resolve your issue.

Posted · Report post

Hi again and thank you for taking your time with me. I will wait for an answer from the help desk then. The main reason I want the plugin is because I want to add a revslider to my page and I was under the impression that you need the plugin for that?

-Markus Børresen

Posted · Report post

No you can add the RevSlider to any page you like and it will work out of the box. All the DMS Pro Tools plugin adds is additional conditional options such as hide on phone, hide on desktop, hide for users etc...

As long as you do not add the RevSlider section to your Header or Footer templates areas, it will not appear on all your pages. As these areas are global template areas.

Posted · Report post

Oh, I guess I have another question then.

Because my revslider is nowhere to be find, and I have always assumed it was because I did not have the DMS pro tools plugin. When I edit my other site, the revslider is under sliders. 

Actually, there are alot of sections that I do not have availabe but I have on my other site. 

Posted · Report post

This is likely because you haven't added your license I believe, not having the Pro Tools plugins installed or active wouldn't remove RevSlider. Have you entered your DMS license on that installation ?

Posted · Report post

I have entered my license inot the page, and I get a message over mysections saying. 

Your site is "Pro activated" but we have detected that the DMS Pro Tools plugin is not activated. Grab this plugin if you have not installed it yet on PageLines.com → My-Account.

And as before there is no plugin to be downloaded. 

Posted · Report post

I decied to try to install wordpress - dms on another domain on another computer. It still gives me the error saying that I need to install DMS utilities, and the message (I also dont have all the sections) 

Your site is "Pro activated" but we have detected that the DMS Pro Tools plugin is not activated. Grab this plugin if you have not installed it yet on PageLines.com → My-Account

Seems to me like you need the plugin to get the extra sections, that is the only reason I can think of why they are not there. 

Posted · Report post

Okey, so Ive been continuing to try and fix this, and I have finaly been able to do so. I managed to download the DMS pro tools plugin file from my other site and installed it on thermomurhus,no. I also updated DMS (not the theme I am using) this gave me all the selections I have on the other site. 

So I guess it came down to me beeing kinda dumb and not updating corectly. I still have no idea why I dont have the option to download the DMS pro tools plugin from pagelines.com tough. 

Thank you Danny for helping me solve this issue :) 

Posted · Report post

Thanks for letting us know ;)