#1 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 382 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:54 AM

I have all my clients on a dedicated server. Some are in DMS 1 and some are in DMS 2. They all run W3TC. Yesterday my host added APC. We've had a lot of issues since then. I'm still sorting it out. But I searched and couldn't find any mention of APC. I'm getting a lot of errors when logged in and finding I can't get DMS to stop saving. Like I said, I'm still in the throws of sorting out all the variables. But I wanted to ask if there are known issues with APC and/or combining it with W3TC. Any insights appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15242 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

Hi,

This is something you will need to ask the people at W3TC or your host provider. There should also be guides you can search for via Google. I can't really provide any feedback, as I simply do not use any cache plugins, as none of my sites receive hundreds of thousands of traffic, so I don't see the need for them.

#3 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 382 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Thanks Danny. I should've posted this under Off Topic and failed to do so. Can you move it there? I'm just curious to know if anyone else is using these together or not. Of course I can and have Googled as well and I'm already talking to my host. I wanted the perspective of other DMS users. Thanks.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

Trouble is with W3 is there 5 or 6 areas you can set APC as a cache store, and each one has to be setup correctly, also your host has to have APC setup correctly to begin with.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DMS1