Photo

Frontpage problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 lounge

lounge

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

Dear readers,

I am struggling with a problem on the frontpage. Hopefully is my English is understandable for you...

First, I am using the Pagelines Platform Pro theme. On my frontpage I've got a problem:

1. My frontpage is a static page.
2. As you can see, I am using several widgets on my frontpage. I am using the PageLines Features as slideshow, second the Pagelines Boxes and last but not least the Content Area.
3. On the right, I am using the primary sidebar for my widgets. (Like the supported videos, etc)
4. On the left you'll see a few posts - which are intergrated with the YD Recent Posts plugin. I am using a shortcode in the page, to call the posts. (It's a static page - not a dynamic one, so I used this plugin to call the posts on the static page).

The following screenshot illustrate exactly what I want:

click for screenshot

The 'page with the widget' have to move to the left, as you can see on the screenshot. I already checked the .css of the plugin, but whatever I change, the page won't move to the left...

Any idea's what I have to edit?
Thanks.

#2 cmlstudios

cmlstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:12 PM

The entries in your box are actually list items so there is CSS handling the indent of the list. You basically want no indentation for that section.

Add this to your Custom Code section:

.hentry ul, .hentry ol {
	margin-left:0;
	}

#3 lounge

lounge

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:21 PM

Thank you Chris. I added the custom code, and the page has been moved to the left. The position of the left side of the page is still not the same compared with the left side of the header.

#4 cmlstudios

cmlstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

This is a pretty wide-ranging change so hopefully it doesn't create more problems than it solves.... but try this:

.one-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad, .one-sidebar-right #container #content, .two-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad, .two-sidebar-right #container #content {
	margin:0 30px 0 0;
	}

#5 lounge

lounge

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

Thank you, thank you!!! This is it! Many thanks! :)

#6 lounge

lounge

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

Edit: the problem has been solved on the frontpage, but on the other pages the 'content' has been moved too to the left... Is there anything I can edit to fix this?

#7 cmlstudios

cmlstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

You can try reducing the above code to just this:

.one-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad {
	margin:0 30px 0 0;
	}

But it still may affect all your pages. Let us know. (Also, re-post your site link so we can see; I lost your site when I closed a bunch of tabs in my browser.)

#8 lounge

lounge

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

I reduced the code to your last post, but isn't working.
The url of my website is:
http://bit.ly/9DLm4b

#9 cmlstudios

cmlstudios

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

I've browsed your site with both Firefox and Internet Explorer and it looks like the left alignment is good. Am I missing something?

#10 lounge

lounge

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:38 PM

The left alignment is good on the frontpage, but if you take a look at the 'over' page, you'll the left alignment is not good. If I remove the custom code - the content of the 'over' page is more to the right. What do I have to edit?

#11 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:15 PM

I don't see any problems on the "over" page? Am i missing something?

#12 lounge

lounge

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

My bad... I checked the website on my laptop and everything is ok. The problem was with my 26" monitor - the left alignment was not correct. Anyway, great support!