DMS 2 Tracking Pixel Placement (Pagelines Customize Plugin Doesn't Work)

Question

Posted · Report post

I found this solution initially to this problem of placing tracking pixels on an individual page.

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33149-tracking-code-on-a-specific-page-header/?hl=tracking

However, the Pagelines Customize plug suggested does not work. I've already designed nearly my entire site with content and I don't know what installing a base theme is going to do to everything I've done. 

Is there another solution or an update to the Paglines Customize plugin that I'm not seeing?

Just for Information, the initial problem is:

The ability to place a tracking pixel on an individual page to track a paid media buy. It can't be placed in the <head> of all pages or all the data will be worthless. It just needs to site on one single page. 

9 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

whats wrong with the plugin? what code are you putting to its functions file?

Posted · Report post

I downloaded the plugin and uploaded it to my site but I got an error. 

I then unzipped the plugin to look in the folder and there were no files there. ???

Not sure. I downloaded the one that was in the forum thread I posted above. It came from a dropbox account. Is that still correct?

Posted · Report post

Awesome Thanks Danny. Just so you know, if you follow the link I posted in the very top of this thread, you will see a link posted to download the customize plugin. That's where I got it from. Maybe that link should be updated. 

Thanks again!

Posted · Report post

I've updated the link :D

Posted · Report post

Sorry I have one more question to make sure I'm doing this correctly. The tutorial I linked to above is a little unclear about where to put this code for Pagelines DMS people.  If you can confirm this, hopefully it will give people a step by step usage. 

1. Make sure you have Hooks plugin active so you can access all the PageLines hooks. 

2. Select the wp_head hook and place this code into it...  <?php if ( is_page(4563) ) { ?>Insert Tracking Pixel Here<?php } ?>

3. 4563 is whatever your page id should be... and Tracking pixel code get's place inbetween ?> and <?php

4. You can set as many of these up for each page that needs it's own tracking pixel whether it's a Facebook pixel or Google or whatever you track conversions with.

Are those steps correct... 

I don't really see why you even need that customize plugin. 

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

You add all hooks to a child theme or customize plugins functions.php file. This file usually starts with <?php therefore, you don't need to include the PHP opening and closing tags unless you wish to escape to HTML.

so your hooks will look something like this:

add_action('action_name', 'your_function_name');
    function your_function_name() {
        // Add your code here...
}

Where you see // Add your code here... this is where you place your code. For more information on hooks see our documentation - http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/hooks

Posted · Report post

Thank Danny... 

I got an error when using the plugin however. I've pasted it below. Just to make sure I'm looking in the correct area... under Appearance > Customize

I click on that and get...

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home2/tryan25/public_html/fitwomensweekly.co/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/editor/editor.fileopts.php on line 140

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home2/tryan25/public_html/fitwomensweekly.co/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/editor/editor.fileopts.php on line 141

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/tryan25/public_html/fitwomensweekly.co/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/editor/editor.fileopts.php:140) in /home2/tryan25/public_html/fitwomensweekly.co/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1121

Posted · Report post

I have just installed the plugin and receive no such error, where did you add your code ? As from the looks of it, you have made your changes to the functions.php file inside of DMS.

You should not edit any of the core files, as you will likely cause errors such as the one you received.