3 replies to this topic

#1 digitalterrain

digitalterrain

• Members

• 3 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:06 AM

Hi Guys,

Now before I get into my serious disappointment(s) with this latest release, I'm all ears.  There's I'm sure a good chance I have it wrong and feel free to tell me to if I do.  I've been with you since (I seem to recall) 2011, certainly more than two years and have loved loved loved everything you've done up until now.

I've spend hours reading as much as I can in the forums and the docs (which this time around I find very thin on how-tos - very basic stuff.  

My disappointment lies in the removal of all the amazing controls I had for the post loop right within the editor in DMS1.  Now my assumption here as I write this is that you've moved on from DMS1 and will no longer update or code for it.  I've converted now two sites to dms2 thinking I may have gotten something wrong with the install, so I did the second install totally fresh and set the site up again 

I don't see a single control for things like how the thumbnail is displayed,  My loop looks like an 8 year old coding themes did it.  Huge "thumbnails all different sizes above each of the post and no way I can see... and I've spent HOURS looking and searching on how to change ANYTHING regarding the loop!  I even found a post that instructed people how to hack the loop to get rid of the meta author stuff!  I guess most of your customers have blogs with many authors, none of my sites have more than 1 author and it looks ridiculous and narcissistic if all a site has is one author.  

Guys... is this the plan moving forward?  I was SO VERY COMFORTABLE with DMS1 - all the controls I learned to LOVE seem to have been removed from vers 2.  Please tell me you are going to add all that stuff back in soon!  I can't continue paying you month to month to get such helpful stuff removed, leaving me to hack the loop.  If that was a comfort zone for me, I may not have ever become a customer.

I'm also disappointed that you took the ability to float the fixed menu to the left. I posted about that earlier, but the post seems to have dissapeared without an answer.  I found one css hack in the forum that seemed to address it.  Tried it, no luck, double checked the code, nothing.

Maybe I have it wrong, and if I do, please help me out and tell me how to control my loop through the front end editor.  Please don't instruct me how to hack the loop, I'm really not interested in that.  It's like falling in love with power windows, and next year's model comes with the advice to break a sick off a tree and stick it in this hole, and that's how you need to roll up the windows now.

Up till now I've been a super happy customer, and I have had a dev account for a couple years, so that's saying something at least.  I didn't just jump off a banana boat to come in here and rant.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hi,

The controls for PostLoop section from DMS 1.x are still present in DMS 2.x, which can be enabled by you clicking the Legacy option checkbox - https://cloudup.com/cTANXRcrcJG

As far as I am aware, the reason as to why these are now legacy i.e. will be removed in a future update is that the PostLoop section in the near future is going to be expanded upon. So for the time being you're free to use the basic PostLoop options or the Legacy (more advanced/control) options, until the PostLoop section gets the update in the future.

The NavBar can still be aligned to the left, it is actually aligned left by default and there is an option to align it to the right. If you're not seeing this option, then you're most likely using the Navi section instead of the NavBar section.

https://cloudup.com/c9UCik8J-BQ

• digitalterrain likes this

#3 digitalterrain

digitalterrain

• Members

• 3 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

Hi,

The controls for PostLoop section from DMS 1.x are still present in DMS 2.x, which can be enabled by you clicking the Legacy option checkbox - https://cloudup.com/cTANXRcrcJG

As far as I am aware, the reason as to why these are now legacy i.e. will be removed in a future update is that the PostLoop section in the near future is going to be expanded upon. So for the time being you're free to use the basic PostLoop options or the Legacy (more advanced/control) options, until the PostLoop section gets the update in the future.

The NavBar can still be aligned to the left, it is actually aligned left by default and there is an option to align it to the right. If you're not seeing this option, then you're most likely using the Navi section instead of the NavBar section.

https://cloudup.com/c9UCik8J-BQ

Hi Danny,

RIght on both counts!  Sorry 'bout the fuss.  I guess I should have asked before I spent all that time looking for answers.  I'm sure you can appreciate how important it is to someone upgrading that the site remain largely the same... and now it does! 

Thanks,

Steve

• Simon_P likes this

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17015 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:36 AM

No problem.