Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Drag & Drop the Ball?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello,

I can't even make the simplest modifications to my site today because I cannot click on the pencil edit icons for the respective elements on the page.  If I hover over an element towards the middle of the element itself, I see the 4-arrow icon for moving the element.  If I move the cursor a wee bit higher, I see the edit options appear atop the respective element however when I hover the cursor over the edit options, they simply vanish.  To further compound the issue and the frustration stemming from it, I moved a couple of elements into other containers in hopes that I might be able to make edits from within these alternate containers.  Having done this, I now have elements that don't necessarily appear in the container unless I move another element over it.  Furthermore, I cannot get the 4-arrow cursor to engage when hovering over these elements, so they're stuck in container limbo. 

Since one can only make edits in Chrome I cannot identify a workaround for this.

I'm fit for a straight jacket right about now and would love some assistance getting out of this hole.

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Using the most current version of DMS2.

landing1.downpaymentassistance[dot]net

Posted · Report post

HI topjaba

Please, you can deactivate all plugins and all your script, you take a look to this

http://docs.pagelines.com/support-troubleshooting/common-issues

You said the last version to DMS2 but I see in your site the DMS 2.0.4, the last is 2.0.7

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33719-dms2-latest-version-and-release-notes-207/#entry200352

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the reply, Batman.

Updated to 1.0.7

Plugins deactivated one by one.

The issues persists.  I'm about to completely erase the site and start all over again from scratch.  

Frustration doesn't come close to summarizing...

Posted · Report post

Hi,

You have W3 Total Cache installed and active on your site. Cache plugins should not be installed and active whilst you're still working on your site. This is most likely the cause of your issue(s).

We do not provide support to users who have cache plugins installed/activated, due to amount of problems they cause. As most user think these plugins configure themselves upon activation, which is not the case. These plugins need to be carefully configured to your server configuration and if not done correctly, can cause all sorts of issues.

If you disable all active plugins, including your cache plugin (making sure to flush the cache before disabling) this should resolve any issues you encounter.