Question

Posted · Report post

Hello

Please forgive my ignorance, but I do not know how to disable the date from showing in the image in the masonic gallery.

Website - http://alphaomegafest.com

Notice how when you hover over an image in the masonic gallery that you see the name of the page and the date it was created?  How do I prevent the date from showing where I may display only the title of the page?

I'm using DMS2 2.0.7 on WordPress 3.9.1 Server is a CentOs with cPanel administering the hosting.

I've attached a screen shot when the cursor was hovering over the "Home" image in the masonic gallery.

Note that I wish to keep the order of the images in the order I have them and not be random.  I understand that the order of the images is tied to the date and time of the creation of the page and/or post and that helps put them in the gallery the way I wish for them to appear but it is displaying the date and that is what I wish to eliminate.  Just the image and the title of the page is all we wish to display.

Please advise.

Thank you & best of Providence.

Skip

20 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

To remove date:

#masoniculeoxw5 .pl-section-pad.fix ul .pl-grid-image.fix a .time {
  display: none;
}

Posted · Report post

Hello

Please pardon my ignorance.  Would I put this code in the masonic gallery in the Custom Styling Classes or the Inline CSS Styling or on each or do we put it on each page in wordpress?

I still would be able to keep the order by date/time that I adjust for each page/post correct?

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration & assistance.

All the best of Providence.

Skip

Posted · Report post

Hello Skip

That code is to be added to your custom code, either in DMS Live Editor > </>Custom > Custom LESS/CSS or WPAdmin > Pagelines > DMS Fallbacks > Custom LESS

It will just hide the date in that masonary gallery, but wont affect the order... the order will be determined by which ever date or time you have used for the post

If you use an additional masonary gallery/ different, then you will need to target that with its id #masonic******* etc

Posted · Report post

Hello

Awesome!  Works great...  I did purchase the filter but am not sure how it works or the best way to use it in DMS.

I noticed that the when I add the pages/posts I do not want to appear on the Masonic Gallery (my account, shop, cart, home, sample page, check out, shopping) they still appear.  Do you have any suggestions for only having the pages I want appear?  (I've used the date/time to put them in the order I like.)

Again, much thanks for your kindness and support.

All the best of Providence.

Skip

Posted · Report post

Skip You need to need to look at the forum for products. http://forum.pagelines.com/tags/forums/Filtering/. I havent used it, but it does look good

As for controlling pages where you gallery appears..... Within the DMS Live Editor for the masonic gallery, scroll down the left hand column (config, followed by Standard Options to the last option... Hide on specific pages or posts? (IDs Comma Separated)  )

Here you add the page/post ids... there isthe current page id displayed in the tip below the option:

Applicable in global regions. Enter Page IDs (comma separated) to hide this section only on those pages. The ID for this page/post is: 83

However, I am guessing that the pages you are talking about are dynamically created????

If so, you need a diff approach....

Posted · Report post

Hello

Yes, I have pages named and not numbered and I added them in the gallery by name with a comma between the names of each page.  

The pages I don't want showing  are (my account, shop, cart, home, sample page, check out, shopping).  If there is a different technique, please let me know.

Thank you again for all your help & support.

Skip

Posted · Report post

Skip. I dont think you understand - it is not the name you give to a page, it is its id in html..... https://www.dropbox.com/s/gldysgu0jj7lx0h/Page-id-5.JPG

However, you are using woo-commerce, so those other pages are dynamically created, I believe (as dont use this myself)

In this situation, I would save the section with the masonic gallery as a custom section (which I accidently call a special section in this video)

When you create it, it can be added to whatever pages you want, so that it wont appear on the dynamically created pages of woo-commerce (you do understand what I mean by that?)

http://screencast.com/t/nj86B7Jd

Posted · Report post

Brilliant!  I will give this a try...  

I was able to create the custom gallery.

My problem was finding the page ID.  I noticed your image inspecting the elements. 

I hover over the image in the gallery and I don't see the id.  (See image attached)

Again, thank you very much for your thoughtful consideration & support...

Posted · Report post

Wow!

I don't know what happened but everything crashed!

Everything on the entire home page was gone...

I had to go back and re-create the page.

Posted · Report post

I also had another question about the masonic gallery.  Are we able to adjust the text links that appear as well?

Posted · Report post

What do you mean by text links ?

Posted · Report post

Do you mean having different text appear instead of the post/page title 

Posted · Report post

Hello

Yes, just as being able to pick what pages (text links) you want in order by date/time. Having the ability to be able to pick what links above the images appear just as you do the image and pages.

I did have some difficulty finding the image id in the elements.  The example given was on a different image.  I would hover over the image that is linked to the page and select elements and find that there is not a page id displayed.  Is there an easier way to find the page id?

Again, much thanks!

Skip

Posted · Report post

Skip Are these pages or posts. I am getting a little confused over what it is you are looking for. If it is pages, I would have thought you would want the page title for the image. If you are having problems re-ordering pages, then you probably should be looking for custom post types UI. The image you should before was the wrong place to look for the page-id etc... it is further up the script. the page name and id appear the line after 

<!-- Start >> HTML Body -->

I cant see how you can target individual "images" to change their "text" on an individual base within the masonic gallery... Perhaps Danny knows a way, but I think that is predetermined by the title of your post or page

Posted · Report post

Hello

So far, these are pages but could be posts...

I did look up all the way to the top at the start of the HTML Body but did not see it.

I attached what I see for you to look and let me know what I maybe missing...

Thanks & take care,

Skip

Posted · Report post

That is a very small thumb. Try Jing http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

[attachment=2205:page id.JPG]

Select any area on your page and it will open the whole hierachy. Scroll to the top and you will see it

Posted · Report post

The code  

#masoniculeoxw5 .pl-section-pad.fix ul .pl-grid-image.fix a .time {display: none;}

saved to the WPAdmin > Pagelines > DMS Fallbacks > Custom LESS is not working.

Please note that some of these code problems may be causing other problems within DMS that I recently have posted.

I'm on the 3rd rebuild of the website now from scratch...

Posted · Report post

Hello

Back on the original topic...

The code 

#masoniculeoxw5 .pl-section-pad.fix ul .pl-grid-image.fix a .time {display: none;}

is still causing the dates to show up.

This is our 3rd rebuild of the website and still the same problem...

It has been our experience that we are not able to complete a single website without there being a problem with DMS since the software was released...

Posted · Report post

Skip If you have rebuilt, then the masonic id will have changed. That Custom LESS was for the site you showed earlier