Photo
Puppy

Puppy Broken after 2.07 Update

puppy

Best Answer ahansson89 , 22 May 2014 - 12:18 PM

I am done fixing things that is breaking whenever a new edition of DMS is coming out. I have discontinued this product from the store as it is not working anymore.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hi. Puppy seems to be broken after the 2.07 update.  

http://screencast.com/t/mv5ADvnrTOJ

Please advise. Thanks!

Margaret Saizan

#2 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

Seems to be displaying in FF:

http://screencast.com/t/6pA7NOi1Q

Chrome...not so much:

http://screencast.com/t/mv5ADvnrTOJ

#3 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 522 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:18 PM   Best Answer

I am done fixing things that is breaking whenever a new edition of DMS is coming out. I have discontinued this product from the store as it is not working anymore.

#4 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

Aleks are you saying that when/if  your plugins break after an update instead of bringing them up to date you are just going to discontinue them...  ?

http://shop.ahansson.com/

In other words, does this policy apply to all of your DMS products that are currently for sale? 

Thanks. 

#5 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 522 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

Yes that is what I am saying.

#6 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

So why are the products still listed for sale at the Pagelines marketplace if you don't intend to support them? Is that intentional? In other words, you intend to keep selling your products in the marketplace? the fact that they are still there is not an oversight?

#7 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 522 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

For what I know all of them are are still working until I hear anything else. I will remove Puppy from the store though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

Aleks, I am seeing a pattern here. You are still selling your plugins - but then every time one of your customers  - myself included - asks for support - you then say you are discontinuing the product and we should ask Pagelines for a refund - or something to that effect. It is not about the customers, having to ask  Pagelines for a refund after the fact.The cost of the plugins is not the only issue, likewise the refund from Pagelines.  It's that we are buying these plugins as a solution to a need. And we  (your customers) are not only investing  our money we are investing  our time  with the normal expectation (since they are still currently for sale) that you are supporting your plugins and they are going to be around for a while. It's rather standard even at the wordpress free repositiory for the developer to put users on notice if the plugin is not supported - it's called transparency! 

Re Puppy, it doesn't help me a bit for you to now remove the plugin from the marketplace - I already own it. And i have spent a lot of time configuring and customizing the plugin on various sites. Ok so you don't want to support the plugin anymore, I can understand that. It happens. That's past history.  But current history is you are still selling plugins that you know you don't intend to support and you are not being up front about your intentions. 

This  is not personal. You are a good man and a good developer. . This is about business - and to me, this is not a good way to do business. It is disengenuous. 

#9 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 522 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

Do you even understand why things are not working anymore?

Every time PageLines are updating their code base something major is changing. It happened from Framework to DMS 0.94, DMS 0.94 to DMS 1 then from DMS 1 to DMS 1.1. This is where it got too much for me. But what about DMS 1.1 to DMS 1.2? Yep they made changes that broke a few things. And now you are all mad about I don't want to support this platform anymore?

I develop a few things for Wordpress also and stuff here almost never change - at least the old functions is deprecated. This is not the practice from the PageLines devs even though we asked them to do it this way. - these guys really don't care about backwards compability, their customers or their developers.

So all in all - I don't understand why people are still on this platform.

If things still work - I will continue to sell them and when they break you know that PageLines are the ones to blame - NOT me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

If your products are only tested and verified working for DMS1 then it should be clearly marked on the product page. Other authors seem to manage that ok.
  • batman likes this

#11 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

It is not Pagelines responsibility to mark your plugins as being tested and verified through a certain version of DMS. That's the developer's responsibility - you are the only one who knows that. So what makes you responsible is that you are not clearly marking your plugins as only being tested and verified up to whatever version of DMS they are verified to - and it is creating confusion. Once marked, then  me and everybody else will know not to waste our time purchasing,  uploading, configuring and customizing your plugins if they are not tested and verified for the version of DMS that we are currently running on a site/sites - or if we choose to buy them regardless, at least then we have been warned. 

• batman likes this

#12 msaizan

msaizan

• Members

• 193 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

Just mark the plugins with the version of DMS that they are compatible up to and then all is well. 

• batman likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Puppy, puppy