Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Custom Tooltip - DMS overriding?

Question

Posted · Report post

I forked this in JSFIDDLE: http://jsfiddle.net/flywebguy/4e8Dh/ (mouse over the results text to see effects)

However, when I put the same in DMS (test page here: http://nonprofit.cinsay.com/tooltip-test/) you can see that the tooltip isn't working the way it should.

Is DMS overriding my custom script? Or is it something that I'm doing wrong? Help would be much appreciated. I can provide login access to admins if you want.

Thanks!

Steve

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

DMS already includes Bootstraps tooltips. Therefore, its likely that there is some kind of conflict between the two, but I am not sure. JavaScript isn't my forte. You will probably want to contact the author of the code, as we can't provide support to third party created code.

Posted · Report post

Danny, 

Thanks for the feedback. Are you suggesting that I should contact the Boostrap author or the author is the forked JS above?

Thanks,

Steve

Posted · Report post

The author of the code you're using for the tooltips from jsFiddle, the issue is likely caused by that code, as Bootstraps tooltips work just fine.

Posted · Report post

Danny, 

is there any way to disable the Bootstrap tooltip since I'm not using it?

Thanks for your help

Posted · Report post

The only way I would know of is to manually remove it, which would require editing the core code which is something we do not recommend nor support.