Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Not able to export theme

Question

Posted · Report post

When I go to publish as a theme, it won't let me....

(Disabled! No child theme active) Publish Configuration to Child Theme (No Download File)

Check this to publish your site configuration as a theme configuration file in your themes root directory. When a user activates your theme it will ask if it can overwrite their settings to attain a desired initial experience to the theme.

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I guess what I'm asking is...what's the normal procedure for web designers using this software? I'm having trouble exporting my clients theme using my extra WordPress account.

Is the best option to install DMS on their hosted wordpress account and create the site that way? Or is it better for me to design the site using my own hosting company and WordPress accounts, and then transfer to their hosting account (that way they wont see DMS)?

Posted · Report post

Are you using a theme then? The option will be available if you are. 

What is your method at the moment?

You can create your site on your own server or your clients server. Hide the site using an under construction plugin if you need to. There are many available within the plugin repository 

For example https://wordpress.org/plugins/underconstruction/

If you are creating sites for clients and just adding the changes to DMS sections and custom code without a child theme then i recommend you stop and make yourself familiar with the following support documentation regarding customisation 

http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/how-to-customize

The recommended child theme from my perspective is Danny's Skeleton theme. https://github.com/Dannyholt/Skeleton

Posted · Report post

Martin Davies, i have the same issue.

I have created a site for a client using DMS2 without using a child theme first.

Now when i need to export it, i cannot...

Theme Config Publishing

(Disabled! No child theme active) Publish Configuration to Child Theme (No Download File)

Check this to publish your site configuration as a theme configuration file in your themes root directory. When a user activates your theme it will ask if it can overwrite their settings to attain a desired initial experience to the theme.

So where to from here?

How do i export the site to import it with all the settings etc that i have made to date?

Thank you.

Posted · Report post

Could you please create a new topic for this to save the OP from getting lots of notifications regarding this topic.