Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

Thanks for the useful reply.

#23 atelierbischof

atelierbischof

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Framework Version:3.5.2

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

I know that Pagelines considers DMS an upgrade to Framework, but from the user's perspective they are two entirely different products. Framework provides a more conventional and more stable (in my opinion) approach to drag and drop theme customization, while the latter is a front-end interface. Is it possible that Pagelines could consider continuing development on both? Are there enough developers in the Pagelines community who prefer Framework to keep it going? Is it possible we could vote? I would be more than happy to pay for a Framework upgrade if that were available. I have tried and tested DMS and it is not for me, much too unwieldy to use for my taste. I would highly encourage the Pagelines staff to consider asking how many in the Pagelines community would pay for a Framework upgrade.

What you say would be the best: "I would highly encourage the Pagelines staff to consider asking how many in the Pagelines community would pay for a Framework upgrade." ...unwieldy..that`s it. Also it takes a lot of time to wait until 1 process is finished. When you make hundrets of klicks for saving and publish you sit and wait half a day until it is ready. Professional use needs speed!

#24 rpacker

rpacker

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC
  • Framework Version:2.3.5

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

A number of people have liked my post on a paid Framework upgrade/continuation. I definitely think Pagelines should take a vote from the community and keep it going!

#25 habo

habo

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

I know that Pagelines considers DMS an upgrade to Framework, but from the user's perspective they are two entirely different products. Framework provides a more conventional and more stable (in my opinion) approach to drag and drop theme customization, while the latter is a front-end interface. Is it possible that Pagelines could consider continuing development on both? Are there enough developers in the Pagelines community who prefer Framework to keep it going? Is it possible we could vote? I would be more than happy to pay for a Framework upgrade if that were available. I have tried and tested DMS and it is not for me, much too unwieldy to use for my taste. I would highly encourage the Pagelines staff to consider asking how many in the Pagelines community would pay for a Framework upgrade.

I couldn't agree more!

#26 troaustralia

troaustralia

• Members

• 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

I also agree.

I really enjoyed working with the Pagelines Framework.  It exposed functionality and control and wasn't focussed on trying to dumb down that sort of thing.  I've tried to work with DMS but it just doesn't fit with the way I work and I've since moved on to other options.  It's no doubt a tired old debate now, but DMS isn't a replacement for Pagelines Framework, it's an alternative product geared to a different kind of user.

#27 rpacker

rpacker

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for your comment. I really hope that Pagelines might reconsider keeping Framework on the development pipelines. I am sure there are many like myself who have several sites running in Framework and haven't wanted to upgrade to DMS. I have searched far and wide for something to replace Framework, but I just haven't found anything. I also haven't wanted to spend the time making the transition.

Pagelines, please listen to your users!!

• nowfound likes this

#28 mobtown2603

mobtown2603

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

I would also like to know how I can download the previous version. I updated to this version and now I'm getting 500 errors on the mobile version of my site. Without being able to go back, I can't troubleshoot. I was not getting errors at all before the update. How can I get the previous version? 

#29 trisquelmedia

trisquelmedia

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

+1 ! Long life to Pagelines Framework!

• rpacker likes this

#30 rpacker

rpacker

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

+1 ! Long life to Pagelines Framework!

I wonder how many users there are out there who haven't upgraded to DMS, and intend to continue using Framework until it is no longer supported.

• nowfound likes this

#31 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

I would also like to know how I can download the previous version. I updated to this version and now I'm getting 500 errors on the mobile version of my site. Without being able to go back, I can't troubleshoot. I was not getting errors at all before the update. How can I get the previous version? 

You can download all previous versions direct from github. There was only one change in the recent version to prevent PHP warnings with PHP 5.4 and 5.5 after hosts updated versions without asking their customers. Also the LESS compiler was namespaced because certain plugins (who will remane nameless) refused to namespace the LESS functions and it was causing issues.

Here is the repo 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And here are the commits 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I wonder how many users there are out there who haven't upgraded to DMS, and intend to continue using Framework until it is no longer supported.

It will never be no longer supported, we will continue to patch it to work with latest WordPress and PHP versions.

#32 rpacker

rpacker

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

It will never be no longer supported, we will continue to patch it to work with latest WordPress and PHP versions.

That's great news, but perhaps exceedingly hopeful in the fast-changing world of the Web?

#33 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

Not sure what you mean by that.

#34 rpacker

rpacker

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

As they say, never say never!

#35 juliefund

juliefund

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hello,

I see message that "PageLines Framework 2.4.5 is available. You should update now."

however, when I click on update now, I get:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/e/m/c/emcavinn/html/wp-includes/update.php on line 295

Any suggestions?

Thank you.  

#36 nowfound

nowfound

• Members

• 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

You have multiple levels of web and wordpress. You have the Master Chef that needs no instruction and writes the modules, themes and plugins. Those are the ones who are going to continue the "Open Source" side of Framework, but they are far and few between.

Many of us are average cooks who joined Framework because you give us the recipe and ingredients and give us the freedom to add a little here or remove a little there customizing it to our taste. This may be because we either we can't or like in my case don't want to spend the time working in open source land writing code and want to use the Framework you have implemented.

It seems DMS is the microwave chef. Now I may be wrong, but my experience limited as it is, makes me feel that DMS is way to wizardy. 

I like the simplicity of Drag and Drop, but would like to see support and advancements in Framework. I would like it to continue through Pagelines where you guys test and guarantee the reliability of the products delivered. #JustnotaDMSuser

• rpacker likes this

#37 rpacker

rpacker

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

I like the simplicity of Drag and Drop, but would like to see support and advancements in Framework. I would like it to continue through Pagelines where you guys test and guarantee the reliability of the products delivered. #JustnotaDMSuser

I couldn't agree more: I am not a developer, I am an artist fully invested in Pagelines Framework. I tried DMS and it lacked the stability and ease and control of Framework. I really hope that the Pagelines team will reconsider Framework, and make it one of the two supported and developed theme frameworks. I could see Framework enhanced further and I would certainly pay for this! Pagelines are you listening???

#38 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

PageLines Framework is considered legacy and is feature frozen. The only time it will receive updates is if someone forks it via GitHub or it has a security issues, problem with a WordPress update. Our main focus is on DMS.