Photo
Flatten

Section element name and icon lost

Best Answer cemico , 15 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

I think i got it now. The "Canvas" section is still there. But another section "Kein Name" (in english "No Name") was added after the update of Wordpress, DMS2, Plugins, and Flatten.

I'll continue using the "Canvas" section in future. This was named "Sektion" (correct german translation) before i updated.

See this issue as solved (even if there's a translation missing, but this is not a problem for me).

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 cemico

cemico

Advanced Member

• Members

• 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

We updated to the latest DMS2, latest Wordpress and latest Plugin versions.

Today we searched for the "Section" section element but did not find it.

After a while of searching again, we discovered an element named "Kein Name" (in english: "no name"). We tried it and it's the former "Section" element.

How can we restore the icon, the name and the details (on click) for this section element?

Please have a look at the provided screenshot in the attachment.

We updated to the latest DMS2, latest Wordpress and latest Plugin versions.

#2 cemico

cemico

Advanced Member

• Members

• 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

Hmm... i think the uploader, even the basic version, here in the forums is not working anymore.

Please have a look at this link for the screenshot:

http://cloudapp.cemi...ge/230O0V0H0Q0T

#3 cemico

cemico

Advanced Member

• Members

• 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

Anyone from the support please reply?

#4 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK
  • Framework Version:developer

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

Is that a custom section that you have created? Not sure how you can edit the name. However, you can save that as a custom section and give it whatever name you wish. If it a default Section then no idea what it is, as the icon is for a custom section.

Does "Section" section mean something else in German?

#5 cemico

cemico

Advanced Member

• Members

• 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

This is not a custom section. This is the standard PageLines "Section" Element for creating new sections to place Elements into (like TextBox, MediaBox ...)

#6 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

I think you are referring to a canvas section? (full width section to which other section elements can be added?) like this:

http://screencast.com/t/WLlWhI9Y84nN

#7 cemico

cemico

Advanced Member

• Members

• 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

Yes, this should be it. 

In my screenshot you can see the text "Volle Breite". This is "Full width" in english.

#8 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

OK... then this is something one of the moderators needs to look at like @Danny who is online now. Have you deactivated all plugins and removed any custom CSS? It may be related to the Flatten them which I see you have installed? (I dont work for Pagelines... just try to help)

#9 cemico

cemico

Advanced Member

• Members

• 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

Thank you for your help so far @GetMeWebDesign

I hope the support is replying soon.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

I'm having a hard time understanding what your issue is, can you explain in greater detail. How are you searching for the sections and what theme are you using, are you using DMS only or are you using a child theme ?

#11 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

Their screencast suggests that he has Flattten as a child theme? http://screencast.com/t/WLlWhI9Y84nN. The "Canvas" area has lost its icon and title. I think he means "when looking for the "Section" ("Canvas"), they could not see it, until the saw a unrecognised section (with a custom section icon and "Klein name" as its title)" rather than actually searching. They are curious as to why the "Canvas" section has lost its title and default icon

#12 cemico

cemico

Advanced Member

• Members

• 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

@GetMeWebDesign exactly. Thank you, i could not have explained it better.

Also i sent a screenshot. Everything can be seen there. The "Full Width" Element has no name and only the standard icon. Even the details when clicking on it are missing.

And @Danny as you know i'm using the flatten theme. The Full Width element was always there. Now we had to update to get support from you. And now the element is missing the name and icon and details.

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

We do not provide support for the Flatten theme, as it is a third party extension. If there is a missing section, it is certainly not one of the core sections of DMS. Therefore, I have moved your topic to the correct forum (store forum) and @tmeister mentioned the developer, who will be notified.

#14 cemico

cemico

Advanced Member

• Members

• 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

@Danny

I really don't understand why you are not reading correctly (as before in other posts).

I've written everything needed to understand my issue. Even @GetMeWebDesign, a normal forum user, not a staff member, understood my issue the first time he was reading it.

I don't miss a section. The "Canvas Area" section lost it's name in the "Add to page" tab, as shown exactly the screenshot.

#15 cemico

cemico

Advanced Member

• Members

• 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:05 PM   Best Answer

I think i got it now. The "Canvas" section is still there. But another section "Kein Name" (in english "No Name") was added after the update of Wordpress, DMS2, Plugins, and Flatten.

I'll continue using the "Canvas" section in future. This was named "Sektion" (correct german translation) before i updated.

See this issue as solved (even if there's a translation missing, but this is not a problem for me).

#16 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

Ok, thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

#17 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

@cemico Still odd behaviour!

#18 cemico

cemico

Advanced Member

• Members

• 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

@GetMeWebDesign

Yes, this is odd. But i'll ignore it for now and will only be using the "official" "Canvas" element. Thank you very much for your help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flatten