Photo
Academy

PageLines Academy 2.0 Released

tutorials learning videos how-to education learn dms expert advice pagelines dms

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 James Giroux

James Giroux

Community Director

• Moderators

• 140 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada
  • Framework Version:Developer

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

Hey All,

We've just relaunched http://pagelinesacademy.com with a bunch of new videos for DMS 2.  You can get the PageLines Interface course for free by signing up on the site.  It's an overview of the entire toolbox in PageLines DMS.

We've also released 60+ lessons on using DMS 2 that are available on a paid membership plan, with access to exclusive forums, extra goodies (like sections and plugins) as well as access to new courses/lessons as we release them.  

Get started for free and take it for a test drive.  If you're ready to jump in, get 50% off your first month with the coupon code below!

LAUNCH50

James.

• CliffordP, nadielp, batman and 2 others like this

#2 Henry Perkins

Henry Perkins

Friendly Contributor

• Members

• 198 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:15 PM

Sounds awesome! I'll check it out later today.

Are there any discounts (aside from this introductory coupon) for customers who are already paying $30/month?

Thanks James!

#3 James Giroux

James Giroux

Community Director

• Moderators

• 140 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hey Henry,

Do you mean people who are paying for PageLines?  At the moment, nothing more than that as we're two separate entities.  But we're hoping to increase the value through section/plugin releases from time to time.

James.

• Henry Perkins likes this

#4 jagipson

jagipson

Advanced Member

• Members

• 74 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:38 AM

@James Giroux Love the idea, not loving the extra cost, might give it a go I could use some pointers

#5 indy_lw

indy_lw

• Members

• 9 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 2

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:25 AM

I wanted to give it a try and registered for the Bronze free course, but I can go nowhere except an other page to ask me to sign up again. 

Could you please help to check?

Thanks!

#6 James Giroux

James Giroux

Community Director

• Moderators

• 140 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

Hey there! You should have received a welcome email with specifics but on the course library page, select the PageLines Interface course and you'll be brought to the course overview page. Select start this course to add it to your profile or just click on the first lesson under the overview video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 James Giroux

James Giroux

Community Director

• Moderators

• 140 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:02 PM

Thanks to everyone who has signed up already!  Wow!  We've been steadily making improvements over the last two weeks and will continue to refine things and add new courses.  Thanks for giving it a shot!

James.

• Martin Davies likes this

#8 primetime

primetime

• Members

• 28 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

Nice homepage photo.

#9 James Giroux

James Giroux

Community Director

• Moderators

• 140 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

thanks!

#10 elpasographics

elpasographics

• Members

• 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

Is this "Academy" the reason there is such poor support for Pagelines available to subscribers? To extract additional fees from existing customers? I find the lack of support for the DMS platform to be amazing. Has anyone ever considered making it easy to find out how to do simple things?

#11 Martin Davies

Martin Davies

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

Is this "Academy" the reason there is such poor support for Pagelines available to subscribers? To extract additional fees from existing customers? I find the lack of support for the DMS platform to be amazing. Has anyone ever considered making it easy to find out how to do simple things?

PageLines Academy is not affiliated with PageLines Inc. 

IF you are having problems with DMS please create a forum topic and we will help. 

• James Giroux likes this

#12 adramelech

adramelech

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

Wow, just wow. You know, DMS 2 is sold as a product that is simple, anyone who doesn't know anything about building websites can use it.  

Yet, the $30 bucks a month I'm being charged for help, and now a comapny wants me to pay even more for Tutor Videos that should just come with the thing for free.  This really goes against the entire sales pitch of DMS 2 and proves my point about DMS 2. I don't know why I upgraded to it.

I see people who have no idea about websites building stuff with other companies like WIX for free that doesn't look generic. Yet for someone who invested in DMS 2 that wants it to look different they have to pay for a theme as well if they have no idea how to program in CSS. 

it appears, for a website builder that is supposed to be easy and self efficient out of the box, that we just have to keep paying more to get something we like. 

After playiing with DMS 2 I can't get anything to look good. It's just looks like a bunch of boxes and section dropped on a page with no togetherless.. with no smooth feel.. no graphics.. rounded corners for boxes, different shading etc..  I don't know Css. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I have been able to create FREE websites using online templates, drag and drop in about 30 minutes than what I can produce with the DMS 2, and $30 a month that I'm paying for.

I know you guys have nothing to do with Pagelines. But oddly, I find the whole thing insane. It's supposed to be the end all website creator, that a moron can use, to build a great looking website. But apparently it's not.

#13 James Giroux

James Giroux

Community Director

• Moderators

• 140 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Hey Adramelech,

I understand your frustration.  One of the things we've really tried to do at PageLines Academy is help people understand the concepts of PageLines DMS.  I understand that if you don't have a lot of CSS knowledge, you're going to be stuck using the existing options.  The Academy is designed to help people in your position get as much out of PageLines as they possibly can.

Yep it costs money.  It costs money because we've invested almost a year into learning DMS, actively developing for it, building a web platform to teach it, purchasing all the equipment to make the videos and then marketing and providing support to people who use it. 

We've tried to keep the barrier to entry quite low and we've also chosen to give away the most popular course for free.  

PageLines DMS is a paradigm shift from many other platforms and if you're new to PageLines but not new to design, these courses will help accelerate your uptake of the platform.  If you're new to web design or design principles in general, then this may not be for you.  There are a lot of other options out there to help you learn how to code and how to design.  I'd be happy to recommend them to you if you're interested.

I know that does't help you out now and maybe in the future there'll be a way for us to help you get going.

Thanks for your valuable feedback, it will help us shape PageLines Academy to reach more people and help them get to know the platform even better.

James.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Academy, tutorials, learning, videos, how-to, education, learn dms, expert advice, pagelines, dms