DMS 2 Add Menu Inside Rev Slider

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi All,

One of my clients has requested that they have a clickable menu inside the Rev Slider.  Does anyone know if this is possible.  They basically want a 6 item vertical clickable (menu) inside the slider on the left hand side.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

That's correct, you can use the slider extra captions area to insert the full html for the slide including the html for the menu you want to include. You can copy the demo code for the slide from the rev slider docs which are linked in the 'more info' button in the slide options and then edit to suit.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I believe that you can utilize the text area to do that...you will just have to format the HTML and drop it in...and then play with it a bit.

Posted · Report post

That's great, got that working now.

Do you know if the same thing is possible with QuickSlider, I have another site that would look good with that but they use QuickSlider.

Thanks

Posted · Report post

You won't be able to do the same thing with the QuickSlider in my opinion or you could, but it would require editing the sections.php file. However, this is considered user created code if you do proceed and we will be unable to provide assistance.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I appreciate that.  Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I could achieve this with QuickSlider?

Posted · Report post

What I mentioned above, is the only possible way to achieve a menu inside the QuickSlider, there is no other way to do. The QuickSlider is like the same suggests a slider that can be setup very quickly, it was not intended to house a menu of any kind. In order to add navigation functionality to it, you will need to customize the section and add support for WordPress menus.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny,  beyond me.  Maybe a change to Rev Slider is in order.

Thanks for your input.

Posted · Report post

No problem, I apologise I can't help any further, but the QuickSlider just wasn't created to house a menu. :(