DMS2: Changing Content/Post Loop arrangement/look and feel

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

which file do I have to edit to change the look and feel of the core Content/Post Loop? Is there any template file, which I  can edit, but did not find in the filesystem? I don't want to use css, as I really have to move things (like putting the authors name below the thumb nail/featured image) . 

If there is already a forum topic here which I did not find, I would also be glad to read this link ;o)

Best,

Roman

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

Unfortunately we don't advise editing of core files at all, as the changes you make will be wiped each time you update the theme. If you're looking to make changes to a core section like the post loop we then you might want to look into using WP action hooks or filters - http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/hooks

Posted · Report post

Thanks James,

I think I only need the settings from the "old" pagelines theme where you can set the position of the featured image in the post excerpts: Pagelines Menu -> Site Options -> Blog and Posts -> Feature Post Excerpt Menu 

Where can I find this settings in DMS2?

Best,

Roman

Posted · Report post

Hi Roman,

You're free to edit the core files. However, as James mentioned, it is not recommended nor something we provide support for. Therefore, I think the best course of action would be for you to create your own postloop section.

Posted · Report post

So there is no option in DMS2 to set the featured image as is was in the "older" pageline themes?

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I didn't use this option because I use DMS2. I will give it a try :o)

Posted · Report post

thank you for letting us know. :) 

Posted (edited) · Report post

It works :) But I still do not get the point why these settings are marked as "< 1.2" and hidden behind a checkbox. I find them very useful as they open me the possibility to two nice post arrangement forms :)

Thanks,
Roman

Edited by Roman Breuer

Posted · Report post

As far as I am aware, in the near future the PostLoop section is going to be given a make over with some awesome new features for club only members. However, I am not certain on this, so please do not take it as gospel.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks Danny - this has solved my issue with the blog interface.

I do still need to find out how to remove the meta bar under the blog post title completely if i want to.

Is this an option?

Thanks.

Posted · Report post

quintinm add &nbsp to Configure Full Width Post Metabar  and Configure Clip Metabar is the easiest method.

2 people like this