DMS 2 Upload New Media Error broken

Question

Posted · Report post

Admittedly not a DMS 2 issue but a WP one, only posting here in case someone has the answer: WP.org does not, or it has many answers, none of which have solved this total blocker for me. I can't upload images any more, or at least, it only works a random 10% of the time. AFAIK this only happened upon upgrading to WP 3.9.1. Have tried with different file sizes and ratios but get the same results: Either the little red flag at the top of the media upload screen, or error messages like these:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in/home/content/77/12052677/html/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor-imagick.php on line 355

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in/home/content/77/12052677/html/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor.php on line 391

Apologies – this is not a DMS issue – but if you can help much appreciated! 

N

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thanks batman 

nizami"] as per @[member="batman - these should be the steps to solving your issue.

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys...TBH it's pretty daunting to have to wade through all those fixes and/or persuade GoDaddy to...I actually inserted the PHP timeout adjustment code into .htaccess and it brought the whole site down. Having to delete and create pages again from scratch. Just as well it's not a big site! N

Posted · Report post

I don't use them myself but i am sure i have seen batman giving his thoughts on go daddy in another topic 

Posted · Report post

Well...least you can pick up the phone to them..which is more than some! Just got them to surgically remove all traces of WP and starting again...media seems to be uploading okay now...clearly it's a serverside permissions thing. As we know, GD have their own weird proprietary systems...N

Posted · Report post

Cool - ok thanks for letting us know it seems to be serverside. Not ideal for you i know..