3 replies to this topic

#1 Draecason

Draecason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

Hello,

I'm using dms2 and i have some trouble with responsive mobile layout. For me is better option to have same menu even at smaller resolution of some device. I have to ask you, how can I turn this feature off  or how can I fully customize it. My clients are not get used to work with it and they push me to get rid of this feature. Problem is mainly with menu.

Any idea?

Thx a lot David

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16289 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

HI David,

Not sure what you mean to be honest, the whole purpose of mobile navigation is because the normal view of navigation just doesn't work or is a bit of a nightmare. For example, you can't hover over a menu item on a touch screen device.

From what I can understand you want to keep the desktop view of your menu on mobile devices ?

If that is correct, then you will need to override the Media Queries for that navigation section.

#3 Draecason

Draecason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

I need to control navigation bar. In some cases It is not suitable to use mobile nav, because it have tendency to disappear to icon. Look at the picture. I would like to have only normal desktop menu.

Attached File  menu.jpg   17.35KB   1 downloads

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16289 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

The you need to do as I mentioned above and override the default styling (media queries) so that the menu doesn't switch to a mobile menu at a specific screen width.

If you're unsure how to do this or are not comfortable, then I would recommend using UberMenu.