DMS 2 Gallery plugin page doesn't render but shortcode in a page does

Question

Posted · Report post

More of a question. If I install this pretty standard gallery plugin and add the images then 'view gallery' the page generated doesn't load the DMS editor - it looks all messed up http://screencast.com/t/mHAcmmj5w3. The only way is to add a shortcode in the postloop (I haven't tried to use the nextbox with this). I would have thought the gallery is simply behaving as a custom post type but I'm not sure why it breaks DMS?

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

I would imagine that the page it creates is being dynamically created by the plugin rather than pulling the content into a specific section like the postloop on the static page url you've created, so your css/LESS styles aren't being compiled.

Whereas if you put the shortcode within the postloop or a section yourself, it runs on the static page within the existing content.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Nextbox is the safest way, but Danny will tell you the best way is to use a hook. 

Just tested it for you and it works (in a plnextbox). Personally prefer lightbox plus colorbox , what you have there is nice and simple

Posted · Report post

GetMeWebDesign I will try with the plugin you suggest, often it doesn't need to be anything else than a simply rendered image with no farting about. I am still kind of interested in why that custom post type doesn't render in DMS whilst the shortcode in the postloop is perfectly fine. And I'm hardly doing to tell a client to add a gallery using a hook...

Posted · Report post

Ok thanks for the straightforward answer. ok to close.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.