DMS 2 ways to prevent client from breaking the template layout

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

is there a way to lock the header and footer as I am very concerned my client will accidentally move layout elements when they edit the page in front-end in chrome, as they need to edit the boxes on that pages so editing via the dashboard is not an option. It's very easy to easily move a component by mistake.

Posted · Report post

I asked for a locking function for sections when DMS1.x came out as I could see this happening very easily.

A type of locking function was introduced with the templates in v2 but it really needs to be individual sections. 

Posted · Report post

Hi there, I'll send a link of this thread to the core team so they can take a look at your suggestion.

Currently you can lock the Pl editor completely from clients if required, that way they can use the theme as they would a normal wp theme, simply create new posts/pages and use the various Wp admin panels. http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/lockdown-visual-editor. But there isn't an option to lock down only certain areas or sections within the template etc. Not sure how easy that would be to implement but it could well become a feature or pro feature added in the future.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I hear the feedback, its a great idea. We'll get some client/dev features in there soon.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

yes understand you can lock the complete editor, but that's not my requirement. It's the ability to lock global sections like the header and footer.

That's a real shame it isn't included on DMS 2, but please consider it in the next version.