• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brenb

brenb

Advocate

• Members

• 312 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

is there a way to lock the header and footer as I am very concerned my client will accidentally move layout elements when they edit the page in front-end in chrome, as they need to edit the boxes on that pages so editing via the dashboard is not an option. It's very easy to easily move a component by mistake.

#2 nfp1900

nfp1900

Advocate

• Members

• 293 posts
  • LocationLondon (the original one)
  • Framework Version:The Latest

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

I asked for a locking function for sections when DMS1.x came out as I could see this happening very easily.

A type of locking function was introduced with the templates in v2 but it really needs to be individual sections. 

#3 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

Hi there, I'll send a link of this thread to the core team so they can take a look at your suggestion.

Currently you can lock the Pl editor completely from clients if required, that way they can use the theme as they would a normal wp theme, simply create new posts/pages and use the various Wp admin panels. http://docs.pageline...n-visual-editor. But there isn't an option to lock down only certain areas or sections within the template etc. Not sure how easy that would be to implement but it could well become a feature or pro feature added in the future.

• martinjrob likes this

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

I hear the feedback, its a great idea. We'll get some client/dev features in there soon.

• batman and Aires like this

#5 brenb

brenb

Advocate

• Members

• 312 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:27 PM

yes understand you can lock the complete editor, but that's not my requirement. It's the ability to lock global sections like the header and footer.

That's a real shame it isn't included on DMS 2, but please consider it in the next version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DMS2