#1 ewatchman

ewatchman

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Framework Version:1.4.1

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:41 PM

I upgraded to WP 3.9 & DMS 2.0. My site has a few dozen posts that use block quotes in the editor. They displayed correctly before the upgrade, but now even though the block quotes show in html they do not display on any browser. I suspect it has to do with CSS, which I know nothing about. Any suggestions? 

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hi @ewatchman 

Could we have a link to your site so we can take a look please? Could you also let u know where the Block-quotes are meant to show. 

#3 ewatchman

ewatchman

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:01 PM

Hi @ewatchman 

Could we have a link to your site so we can take a look please? Could you also let u know where the Block-quotes are meant to show. 

I set up a dummy site just with DMS and no child theme. I cut and pasted some content from Wikipedia on block quotes and then put block quotes on the 5th paragraph. Obviously you can see that this is not the desired appearance. It am amazed no one else has this issue. http://e-watchman.com/2014-sample/?p=1

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

try pasting the text in here http://textcleaner.lutesonline.com/

Ten paste the result rather than straight from wikipedia as it likely is picking up the formatting in the cut and paste. 

Alternatively use a text programme like sublime text (recommended) 

Let us know how you get on with this. 

#5 ewatchman

ewatchman

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

try pasting the text in here http://textcleaner.lutesonline.com/

Ten paste the result rather than straight from wikipedia as it likely is picking up the formatting in the cut and paste. 

Alternatively use a text programme like sublime text (recommended) 

Let us know how you get on with this. 

Here is the same text pasted off from Text cleaner http://e-watchman.com/2014-sample/?p=16 and the 3rd paragraph has block quotes

You don't seem to understand. My website has hundreds of block quotes that displayed fine on the old DMS. I didn't cut and paste from the Internet. On DMS 2.0.7 block quotes do not display correctly. I would be interested to see if anyone using DMS 2 can get block quotes to display as they ought on a WP site. 

#6 ewatchman

ewatchman

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

Yee hoo...anybody there? Hello? Hellloooo? 

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

I'm not sure what your issue is, I have added Blockquote to my page via a MediaBox and they appear as intended.

I used the shortcode and the HTML version.

[pl_blockquote cite="Someone Famous"]
    This is a quote with a source
[/pl_blockquote]

<blockquote>
  <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer posuere erat a ante.</p>
  <footer>Someone famous in <cite title="Source Title">Source Title</cite></footer>
</blockquote>

<blockquote>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.</blockquote>

#8 ewatchman

ewatchman

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

I'm not sure what your issue is, I have added Blockquote to my page via a MediaBox and they appear as intended.

I used the shortcode and the HTML version.

[pl_blockquote cite="Someone Famous"]
    This is a quote with a source
[/pl_blockquote]

<blockquote>
  <p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer posuere erat a ante.</p>
  <footer>Someone famous in <cite title="Source Title">Source Title</cite></footer>
</blockquote>

<blockquote>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.</blockquote>

Danny, you are talking about using blockquotes on the front end, using Media box component. I haven't tried using blockquotes on the Front end. I am talking about using blockquotes in the WP text editor. Whereas blockquotes used to appear correctly in the old DMS they do not in DMS 2.0.7. Please try using blockquotes in the WP editor and post in DMS 2.0.7 and tell me what you get. Thanks

Edited by ewatchman, 18 May 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#9 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK
  • Framework Version:developer

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

How are you expecting them to appear? They appear as demonstrated on DMS2 http://themes.pageli...ooltips-quotes/

#10 ewatchman

ewatchman

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

How are you expecting them to appear? They appear as demonstrated on DMS2 http://themes.pageli...ooltips-quotes/

I was expecting them to appear as they did before I "upgraded" to DMS 2.0.7

But don't worry about it. I am done with DMS. 

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

There as been no change to blockquotes, how were you seeing them before you upgraded.

#12 ewatchman

ewatchman

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

There as been no change to blockquotes, how were you seeing them before you upgraded.

Oh come on man, this is degrading. I posted a link to a page that showed how they display now. Everyone knows how blockquotes should display. 

#13 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

I am not sure why you're saying this is degrading?

You never mentioned what version of DMS you're using prior to upgrading to DMS 2.x, you haven't shown an example or screenshot of how your blockquotes displayed before upgrading to DMS 2.x, so we really didn't have much information to go on, except for you saying they do not look like how they did before you upgrading.

In DMS 2.x, the style you're seeing for blockquotes is the styling for blockquotes in DMS 2.x. If you do not like this styling you're free to add your own customization to make them appear the way you like.

If you're referring to the very old styling of blockquotes which had a left border, then you must have been using a very old version of DMS.

You can add this styling back if you like by using the following code.

#site blockquote {
border-left: 5px solid rgba(70, 82, 99, 0.6);
padding-left: 15px;
}

• GetMeWebDesign likes this

#14 ewatchman

ewatchman

Advanced Member

• Members

• 35 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:18 AM

I am not sure why you're saying this is degrading?

You never mentioned what version of DMS you're using prior to upgrading to DMS 2.x, you haven't shown an example or screenshot of how your blockquotes displayed before upgrading to DMS 2.x, so we really didn't have much information to go on, except for you saying they do not look like how they did before you upgrading.

In DMS 2.x, the style you're seeing for blockquotes is the styling for blockquotes in DMS 2.x. If you do not like this styling you're free to add your own customization to make them appear the way you like.

If you're referring to the very old styling of blockquotes which had a left border, then you must have been using a very old version of DMS.

You can add this styling back if you like by using the following code.

#site blockquote {
border-left: 5px solid rgba(70, 82, 99, 0.6);
padding-left: 15px;
}

Now, this is helpful. I was not aware that I was using a very old version of DMS. I downloaded it in November 2013 and was not notified of any upgrade until DMS 2 was released a couple months ago. 

But as regards the code, where exactly ought it be inserted? Like I said in the original post, I am not up on CSS or any other kind of coding. 

#15 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17580 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

You should have received notifications in your WordPress Admin Dashboard for updates to DMS, just like you do when there is a plugin or WordPress update.

In regards to adding the code, you add the code I provided to either DMS Toolbar > Custom > Custom CSS/LESS editor or if you're using a child theme, add it to your child themes style.css file or style.less file.