Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 1 MediaBox on Homepage, extend margin

Question

Posted · Report post

Heya,

I'm trying to extend the mediabox on my homepage (arcadianporch.com -- "An evidence based..." yada yada) to the left and to the right, as I've done with the navbar. I've already been able to move it up with the code:

.mediabox {

margin-top: -54px;

}

and sticking "mediabox" in the styling classes section. But I don't get any movement for left or right margins.

I know I can just make the entire page wider, but I don't want a wider length on deeper pages. Any solutions would be phenomenal.

Thank you,

~Colby

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

HI Colby,

The NavBar is full width by default ? Also, I can't see any menu items in your navigation ? Therefore, I am not entirely sure what it is you're trying to achieve?

Also, you should never position any element with negative margins, as it can cause all sorts of problems. So if you can provide a concept image of what it is you're trying to achieve we may be able to assist.

Posted · Report post

Hi Danny,

You couldn't see any menu items because of the negative margins. Fixed that; I see what you mean. I can make the site full width and go all the way to the edges. Just means that if I don't want elements going full width, I have to design them that way for individual pages.

I do have another question re:negative margins. If I shouldn't use those, what code should I use to get rid of white space? Notice on the homepage that the navigation doesn't reach the top of the screen (there's white space). And that there's also white space between the navigation and the blue box. My way of fixing this was to use negative margins. Is there a better way?

Posted · Report post

To remove those gaps, you will want to reduce the padding in the Sections options, there are two padding top and padding bottom. When you remove this padding for that section area, it will close the gap.

https://cloudup.com/cLVmg_BaBB4

Also, see this tutorial on our docs, it may assist you, as it looks like this is what you're trying to achieve, different background colors for different sections - http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/section-area-styling

Posted · Report post

Hey Danny,

So I changed the padding on both sections to 0px, still getting a small bit of white space. How do I remove that?

Posted · Report post

Thank you, both. That last bit is what I needed to know. Got the correct code in and all fixed.

Thanks again!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.