DMS 2 Image background size

Question

Posted · Report post

I am having a problem with my background image in DMS2 - the image itself is only 800 px wide but when I set it to be the background it makes it way bigger so you can only see the top corner of it. I've tried a few different options in the 'scrolling effects and sizing', and re-uploaded the image a few times and can't get it to change. Is there something I need to do to make it appear at it's correct size? It seems to be resizing it to fit the height.

http://averyproductions.ca/our-team/

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

From what I can tell, you haven't uploaded your image using the Background option, instead you have uploaded your image to a Sections Canvas background.

If you goto DMS Toolbar > Settings > Color & BG, then use the options there instead, it will display like this - https://cloudup.com/ctVLxnoK1KG

However, you will likely want to change your layout from Full Width to Boxed Mode. You can do this by going to DMS Toolbar > Settings > Layout & Nav

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I actually did want it in the section rather than the site bkg, because we may change the image from page to page. I have changed it for now and it looks good, but if I do want to move it to the section background instead, is there some code I can add to make it show up at 100% instead?

Posted · Report post

We'd need to see it in that space really to say for sure, but I'd imagine setting 'background-size:contain' in the css would correct it for you.