Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Header Section/Image Issues

Question

Posted · Report post

When I am previewing in DMS 2.0.6, and when the site is published live with me not logged in, my Header is not visible.  In preview mode, however, the image shows up partially (looks like the central part of the image vertically).  My website, a staging site, is jfspencer.staging.wpengine.com.  I have disabled all plugins except DMS and Pagelines (5 total - DMS Developer and Professional Tools, Pagelines Googlefonts, Sections and Updater.) I have cleared the cache and restarted the browser.  I am providing login information via a separate email with this topic title in the subject area.  Screenshots are attached.

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Danny.  That seemed to fix the problem.  I appreciate the information.

Posted · Report post

Hello @john7626 

If you add some content to the canvas area with the blue background in your header this will show up. Currently this is only visible in preview as there is no content within the Canvas area. 

Add any content to the Canvas area - for example (and if you do not want anything to show, you can add a text box with the text   so that the default text does not show. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Martin.  That solution made the image visible, but not at the full size of the image, which I need.  I understand that this may require a different kind of tweaking, but how do I make the entire image show up in the header?

Posted · Report post

Hi,

If you open the Header Area options via the Tool panel, you find a number of options available, you will see a option called Area Minimum Height (px), enter the value of your images height there, only enter the value for example, if you have an image that is 400pixels in height, enter only the numeric value such as 400, do not include px.

https://cloudup.com/cQlqWHSNZLY

https://cloudup.com/cZ6Wexo4xot

This should increase your header area height. However, because DMS is responsive and for areas such as background image, template area images etc... we use like most responsive frameworks, the CSS property background-size and value cover. What cover does is scales your background image to be as large as possible so that the background area is completely covered by the background image. However, some parts of the background image may not be in view within the background positioning area.

So try my suggestion above and see if this resolves your issue.

Posted · Report post

Glad you managed to resolve, thank you for updating the thread.