Photo

Main Slider above content area

slider content

Best Answer Danny , 04 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

Lorem ipsum text is there on purpose, it is placeholder text and is used in all kinds of publishing and graphic design, including web design/development when showcasing a demo.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 forwardseven

forwardseven

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hi guys, I'm having a lot of trouble with my content section, trying to figure out if I can put full width content (or close to it) above the sidebars because whenever I add sidebars they take up the whole side and won't sit under anything else unless it is in the header...I have attached a photo of what I am trying to achieve..

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hi,

Can you upload this image please, as I am not entirely sure what it is you're trying to do. Also, please be aware that Platform Pro is a legacy product and therefore, I recommend you upgrade to DMS.

#3 forwardseven

forwardseven

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

Hi Danny. Sorry Ill attach it again. WIth regards to DMS-I've looked into it but it is hard for me to know what DMS can and cant do without purchasing it...I have a very limited budget as well so just not sure if it will do what I want it to...love to hear your thoughts though...thanks.

Attached File  help.jpg   51.43KB   0 downloads

#4 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

From what I can remember regarding Platform Pro you'd need to put the slider in the header area below your nav and other header items to get that effect.

You can take a free test drive of DMS from the demo, it lets you set up a site for 30 days so you can try out all the features - http://themes.pageli...om/dms/?dobar=1 scroll down below the slider and a sign up pops up.

#5 forwardseven

forwardseven

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

Thanks I will take on both pieces of advice.

#6 forwardseven

forwardseven

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

Hey, something else I noticed-on the dms 2 page down the very bottom under the heading "about pagelines dms 2 demo" is a bunch of lorem ipsum-probably good to get that fixed.

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:51 AM   Best Answer

Lorem ipsum text is there on purpose, it is placeholder text and is used in all kinds of publishing and graphic design, including web design/development when showcasing a demo.

#8 forwardseven

forwardseven

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

Yeah I know though It's normally used as a filler not used for describing your actual product...

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16923 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

Yes, but that is a demo of PageLines DMS, that is why there is placeholder text. Most theme or web developers do not add theme or company specific information to all their demos elements. It's for that reason why there are so many lorem ipsum generators, as the text is used so frequently by web developers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slider, content