nizami

Advanced Member

• Members

• 59 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

Hello, 

1. Posting this here as the forum won't let me post it in the PRO thread, even though I have purchased the PRO version of DMS and signed up to the CLUB

--> can that be fixed please? 

2. Have installed DMS 2.0.5 on a fresh install of WP3.9, added Pro and updater plugins and added a couple of pages.

3. WP instance installed in /wp folder, have followed all WP instructions about pre-existing folder installs.

4. When I hit the blue Edit site using DMS button from the Pagelines page of the WP Dashboard, I get the DMS interface over a 404 page/custom template. If I navigate to any other page in the site, there's no DMS interface.

What's going on? Deleted and reinstalled several times to no avail – really irritating to be thwarted right at ground level :-[

Site hosted at GoDaddy...is it something weird there? Anyone else had this? Do I need to install WP in the root dir...maybe DMS not picking up the permalinks from WP?

Help much appreciated.

N

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:40 AM

Hi there, I have repsonded to your email you should now have access to the pro forum in line with your subscription.

It sounds like you don't have a page or post setup in the site. DMS requires at least one static page and one static post to function correctly, if its going straight to a 404 page that would sound like there isn't a static page or post setup on the site. Make one of each of these and save, see if the problem resolves.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2.0.5, pro, DMS, license, technical_support