Photo
Grid Shortcodes

Nested Grid shortcodes don't seem to be working

Grid shortcodes

Best Answer Evan Mattson , 01 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

Your first closing span6 is breaking the others from being rendered properly. Because you're nesting within a span6, you need to also change your inner `span6` shortcodes to a `span6_a`.

Every grid shortcode, including all spanX shortcodes have "namespaced" _[a-z] suffixed tags available to use.  Keep each level of nesting within it's own namespace and you should be fine :)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jamieg270

jamieg270

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Framework Version:DMS (Latest release), Framework (Latest release)

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hi Grid shortcodes don't seem to be working when nested. I am using DMS 2.0.5 I have deactivated all plugins leaving just the Paglines Updater, DMS Professional and Grid SHortcodes.

This is my shortecode:

[row]
[span6]
content here
[/span6]
[span6]

[row_a]
[span6]
content here
[/span6]
[span6]
content here
[/span6]
[/row_a]

[/span6]
[/row]

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've used this before on DMS v1.x.x without problems....

I can't show you the result the file size for upload is too small to be able to attach the image!! However the [/row_a] and then [/span6] are being rendered in text on the page and the second nested column gets set as if its in its own row below the first. I don't have another DMS install to test this is so I'm not sure its reproducible. 

I'm going to have to add the columns in using divs and classes as the client needs to see this tomorrow. 

If I get the chance I'll set up a separate install to test aqain and give you an example to look at.

#2 Evan Mattson

Evan Mattson

• Members

• 233 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI
  • Framework Version:latest stable & beta releases

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:21 PM   Best Answer

Your first closing span6 is breaking the others from being rendered properly. Because you're nesting within a span6, you need to also change your inner `span6` shortcodes to a `span6_a`.

Every grid shortcode, including all spanX shortcodes have "namespaced" _[a-z] suffixed tags available to use.  Keep each level of nesting within it's own namespace and you should be fine :)

#3 jamieg270

jamieg270

Advanced Member

• Members

• 56 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Framework Version:DMS (Latest release), Framework (Latest release)

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

Ah thanks!! Sorry to waste your time!! I forgot that the interior 'spans' as well as 'rows' should be namespaced....   :unsure:

Thanks again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grid Shortcodes, Grid, shortcodes