Photo
- - - - -

Upgrade/conversion process from pagelines to DMS

Best Answer Danny , 30 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

HI,

You can follow the instructions on our documentation - http://docs.pageline...ading-migration

Please take into consideration that this isn't an upgrade, it is a migration, as PageLines Framework and DMS are two completely separate products. Also, before proceeding, be sure to perform a backup.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bigtopmultimedia

bigtopmultimedia

• Members

• 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Is there a documented process for converting a pagelines 2.4.4 site to DMS?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17567 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:50 PM   Best Answer

HI,

You can follow the instructions on our documentation - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please take into consideration that this isn't an upgrade, it is a migration, as PageLines Framework and DMS are two completely separate products. Also, before proceeding, be sure to perform a backup.

#3 bigtopmultimedia

bigtopmultimedia

• Members

• 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

Thanks @

. On that linked page, there's a mention of DMS Toolbar → Global Options ↠ Advanced → Framework V2 Upgrade. However that option doesn't seem to exist - in fact, the 'Global Options' item doesn't exist on the toolbar. I thought it would be represented by the spanner icon. 'Site Settings' has an 'Advanced' section, but no 'Framework V2 Upgrade' option.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17567 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

Unfortunately, that upgrade option was only available for a short time during DMS's initial release. The upgrade option is no longer available.

Therefore, you will need to migrate. In my opinion, the best course of action would be for you to use an application such as MAMP if you're a Mac user or XAMPP if you're a windows user, what these applications do is basically turn your computer into a local server. There you can install WordPress and DMS and then recreate your website locally using DMS functionality and sections. Whilst keeping your site powered by PageLines Framework live.

Once you have completed your site locally using DMS, export all your posts/pages using the built-in WordPress import/export tools and use the DMS import/export options. Then on your live site, install DMS, make sure it is the active theme and then import your DMS theme settings and WordPress posts/pages (if required).

As always, perform a backup before proceeding with the migration.

#5 bigtopmultimedia

bigtopmultimedia

• Members

• 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

Ok, thanks @

. By the way, could you look into something for me? I don't have access to the DMS forum, even though I have purchased a license. I tried contacting support through the account section, but that was hours ago and I still don't have a reply.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

You should now have full access, please allow up to 24 hours for support tickets to the main email address to be answered.