DMS 1 Choose Mobile Menu from Wordpress?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, something I thought I would know by now but can't find the option

I want to choose which menu dms uses from the wordpress built in menu system on mobile devices but can't find the option

I've made a 'main-menu' in the wordpress menu system which works fine for the site and a simple menu for the footer but can't make the main-menu appear as the mobile menu when viewing on smaller devices??

I've checked dms settings and fixed nav bar pulls the main-menu just not for mobile? I've checked locations in apprearance>menus too

Any help greatly appreciated!

Kind thanks

Dominic

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Dominic,

What version of DMS are you using ?

If you're using DMS 1.x, then to select which menu is used on mobile devices such as phones or tablets, then you want to go to:

DMS Toolbar > Settings > Layout & Nav.

Here you will find two options, one called Primary and another called Secondary. The Primary option is what you should use for your sites main links and the Secondary should be used for menu items that aren't as important, usually these are are usually included in a drop down menu. Please be aware that the mobile menu doesn't support drop down menus, hence the reason for the Secondary option.

In DMS 2.x, the mobile menu should be pre-populated from the navigation menu you chose when adding the menu to the section using the Sections options.

Posted · Report post

Perfect! Thanks :D

Wouldn't have looked there

It's worked great, now just need to stop my full width slider overlapping the mobile menu!

Cheers

Posted · Report post

No problem, happy to help.