Photo

Should I be disappointed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

I just bought pagelines and a) the PlatformPro Graphics file will not open in CS3 on a Mac B) the PlatformPro Developer has successfully installed but when i try to install the PlatformPro Base i get an error message that says that the file is already installed (its not and this is a brand new version of Pagelines) the site is here www.launchpadplatform.com/atab i am most disappointed as the forum responses are locked until you buy a theme. i paid the $175 and may not have done if i had been able to read the responses on the two threads already addressing these issues that remain unresolved. i look forward to your support. thanks, Gavin

#2 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

Wow. NoScript just destroys your old site layout. Anyway, Platform is certainly an easier site to launch, manage, and maintain. And it is getting easier to work with as bugs that are related to plugins and specific consumption are addressed. I'd simply urge PageLines admins to address the issues, they do it quicker as more people say there is a problem. Typical triage warrants that. I'll put out the most critical fires first. That being said... not sure why the EPS won't open in either my CS3 or CS4. I know there is a compatibility check mark. It happens. The /base/ issue just appeared with the latest download it seems, and I think Andrew is addressing it based on another thread. I wouldn't be disappointed. Encourage the fixes.

#3 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

I would rather be optimistic about encouraging fixes... Perhaps a response that the fix is on route would be an encouragement.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:17 PM

Fixed the child theme... do you happen to know how to save a file for CS3 compatibility?

#5 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:07 AM

Okay.. if you have CS4... open up Illustrator... create a new document and then click on File-Place. Find your EPS and make sure "Link" isn't selected... place it and you get all of the elements. Save it however you want.

#6 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:11 AM

The way you get a child theme to work is to have both the child theme and the theme in the /themes/ folder, but you only activate the child base theme.

Thanks, Bryan

#7 onlinetracker

onlinetracker

• Members

• 154 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

Andrew, yeah, there is a second save page in Illustrator... you have to save it as CS3 EPS & CS4 EPS. In photoshop, IIRC, there is a compatibility mode, but that might be specific to PSDs. It's never easy.

#8 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:14 AM

Hi Andrew, Thanks for your response, when you say you have fixed the child theme - what does that mean? Should we re download the base theme and try to re-install? I have tried to manually load both the platform and the base via FTP into the themes folder but it seems that the default is for one to overrite the other?

#9 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:43 AM

ok i tried my own suggestion and it worked but it still can't seem to find all the themes. i like the concept of pagelines and am hopeful that when i get it running i will be happy. but at the moment am getting a little frustrated that its not out of the box ready to rock... and roll.

#10 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:17 PM

Anyone needing backwards compatible files for Illustrator let me know. Email at adam[at]pagelines.com

#11 gavin_launchpad

gavin_launchpad

Advocate

• Members

• 483 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

i need backwards compatible files and have emailed