DMS 1 DMS Editor not showing front end in chrome?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, have been using dms developer since it came out and loving it

One of my sites has just stopped showing the dms editor on the front end, I'm using chrome??

It just doesn't show any of the usual bits to display options, refresh the page, the toolbar at the bottom and everything is missing??

Any help greatly appreciated

Kind thanks

Dominic

10 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hello @dominiclane 

could you take a screenshot of the site as you see it please?

First thing to try is disabling all your non-PageLines plugins and removing any custom scripts or custom CSS you may have added to try and rule out a conflict. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks for such a fast reply

I tried disabling the css file then on refresh I had a button to re enable the editor but now have lost my home page and everything that was on it

Will try a page revision, hopefully that will work

Not sure why it dissapeared but with css re enabled it's still showing now so not sure what that was

Cheers

Posted · Report post

Is this now working? 

Page Revisions shouldn't affect your DMS editor. If it does then the issue is with some content contained on the page. 

Posted · Report post

DMS seems to be working now but the page has gone, when I edit pages back end the page is still there, for some reason the home page won't pull the content so am going to backup the site and db and have a look at it

Should be able to do that myself .. I hope!

Thanks for taking a look

Wanted to know if I'd hit a button somewhere or couldn't find it to re-enable dms editor in case you can hide it or something

Cheers Again

Posted · Report post

ok - but please let us know what happened and how you resolved this once you have investigated.

Posted · Report post

Ok sure

Will get back today / tomorrow once I figure it out then others can reference, probably be useful

Having some trouble with my web hosting control panel and have to redirect a domain to log into the db and check the pw so I can backup so please bear with ..

Cheers

Posted · Report post

no rush - just let us know the outcome and if we can help further :) 

Posted · Report post

So in the end, I'm not sure why but DMS editor had disabled itself front end. Some css I had was preventing the button to re-activate dms editor from showing so renaming my external css file meant it was ignored. I got dms editor turned back on. Re named the css file and as before the error the editor shows ok with the css enabled

The issue I had where after re enabling dms editor that the home page had dissapeared was that dms had excluded the content/loop block for the home page so after a database backup before I started messing around I just dragged and dropped it into place and it's now working fine so thanks for the advice about the css!

Cheers

Dominic

Posted · Report post

Glad you've got everything back up and running, thank you for updating the thread.