DMS 2 Featured Image showing in WP Content/Loop

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi

I am building my first site with DMS2 and have a bit of an issue with featured images. In DMS1 it was possible to either remove the featured image from the WP Content/Loop or control where it showed up. I can't seem to control it at all in DMS2?

I need to use the featured images for the 'Latest Blog Posts' section but don't want them to show on the actual blog post. I also want to control it to left justified in the excerpt of the main blog page but can't do any of this in the same way that I used to.

Can anyone help please??

Thanks

Allan 

14 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Just a quick update, I used the code you supplied Simon in the Pagelines Customize Plugin and it's working just I how want it to now!

Cheers

Allan 

Posted · Report post

Under the wp content/loop in DMS live editor, Enable legacy mode and you will see a full range of options you had in Framework DMS 1

Posted · Report post

Hello allanlove

In the Post loop settings you can enable the legacy options in order to edit this . 

Posted · Report post

or if you want to use the new loop...

https://gist.github.com/Pross/9984549

Posted · Report post

Thanks for your help! I don't really want to use the legacy options as they won't be supported in future releases.

I would like to use the code supplied by Simon but am not too confident! Do I need to update the functions.php file with the code supplied? 

Thanks again

Allan 

Posted · Report post

you need to use a child theme, and add it to the function.php in there.

Or create a plugin...

Or add it to a file in wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder

choice is yours ;)

Posted · Report post

Oh dear, all sounds a bit technical. I guess the easiest way is to use a child theme but I'm not sure how to so I'll have to read up on it.

Thanks again Simon!

Allan 

Posted · Report post

Ooops, looks like I was a bit hasty there!

The featured image has disappeared from the post itself which is great.

On the Archive, Category and main blog page, the image still shows very large and on top of the excerpt of the article. Is there a way of using the same function.php file to get the featured image on these pages to be 150px x 150px and be left aligned of the actual excerpt?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Allan 

Posted · Report post

or if you want to use the new loop...

https://gist.github.com/Pross/9984549

Simon_P I added this to the child theme function.php file.. and it gave me the white screen of death!

I added this css...

.pl-new-loop .hentry.single-post .metamedia {
    display: none;
}

but does not seem to hold throughout site. it will refresh and get rid of the feature image inside a full post... but show up again.

Please advise.

http://bit.ly/1o18X6N

Posted · Report post

probably errored out because you already had <?php in the functions file.

Posted · Report post

geesh.....

I need more caffeine.

So I put inside the function file...

however, it did get rid of the thumbs inside the rapid tab area too...

Posted · Report post

allanlove - So you want to remove the post thumbs from everywhere including category, archives pages etc.. ?

alisamski - The snippet of code provided by Simon, strips the thumbnail from the Rapid Tabs section ?

Posted · Report post

Hey Danny

Kind of. I need to use the featured image when creating the posts as some plugins that I use calls for them. I also want them to pull through to the category, archives pages etc but want them small and in line left justified with the excerpt. The code that Simon provided stripped the featured image from the actual post page itself which I also wanted so that bit works fine.

I am using the legacy options at the moment but would like to come away from that fix as it won't be supported in the future.

Thanks for your help.

Allan 

Posted · Report post

Danny

I want to have the thumbs show up in category sections and blog section... NOT on the full post page...

Never had that before on any of the past versions of Pagelines... I love the way the section looks and do not want to have the legacy layout on this site...

As for rapid tabs... you can see that the thumbs disappeared on the full post page... and re-appear on the category/blog page.

Thanks for the help.

A.