Photo
Flyp

Adding Flyp to another page (template)

Best Answer CliffordP , 28 April 2014 - 02:31 PM

@thebrasseffect, thank you for your purchase.

It sounds like you're misunderstanding the DMS 2 template system.

Excerpt from my blog post at http://www.pagelines...ase-highlights/ :

However, you’ll need to understand that everything is the same across a template, including each section’s options. Templates (and all their settings) are global. If you want to change a section’s options for a single page(s), you’ll need to unlink from the template (easy), and if you want you can save it as a new template and apply that (again, easy).

Not only is the section part of the template, but all of its content is sync'd across templates.

It sounds like you're wanting to use Flyp for displaying FAQs or something like that, which is great. I'm always interested in hearing how people are using my products. However, it sounds like you're wanting a central area to manage all the FAQs and only display some of them (i.e. categories of FAQs) on each page. Unfortunately, that's not how the DMS Editor works, which is what Flyp uses for content.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. For now, I'm marking the issue resolved.

Thank you again for your purchase.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thebrasseffect

thebrasseffect

• Members

• 25 posts
  • Framework Version:2.32

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:16 AM

I've been working with Flyp for about a week and after finally getting a page completed, I've run into a couple of road blocks. I have a page utilizing Flyp and when I go to add it to another page, any change affects the original page. In this particular situation, I have 35 "Flyps" but I only need 10 on the other page. I've saved the page with 35 Flyps to as a template and loaded the second page with the template. When I begin to delete Flyps from the second page, it changed the original page as well. Can I not have more than one page on my site utilizing the Flyp section? If so, what am I doing wrong?

#2 CliffordP

CliffordP

Advocate

• Members

• 447 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:31 PM   Best Answer

@thebrasseffect, thank you for your purchase.

It sounds like you're misunderstanding the DMS 2 template system.

Excerpt from my blog post at http://www.pagelines...ase-highlights/ :

However, you’ll need to understand that everything is the same across a template, including each section’s options. Templates (and all their settings) are global. If you want to change a section’s options for a single page(s), you’ll need to unlink from the template (easy), and if you want you can save it as a new template and apply that (again, easy).

Not only is the section part of the template, but all of its content is sync'd across templates.

It sounds like you're wanting to use Flyp for displaying FAQs or something like that, which is great. I'm always interested in hearing how people are using my products. However, it sounds like you're wanting a central area to manage all the FAQs and only display some of them (i.e. categories of FAQs) on each page. Unfortunately, that's not how the DMS Editor works, which is what Flyp uses for content.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with. For now, I'm marking the issue resolved.

Thank you again for your purchase.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flyp