Photo
- - - - -

Need help!

Best Answer James B , 29 April 2014 - 04:33 AM

You will now be able to post in the Pro forum areas - http://screencast.com/t/KIQzpqoZiaR

I have checked your account and can confirm you are a DMS V2 user, you purchased the PageLines Standard Club membership. Upon completing your purchase you would have been granted access to the dms.zip in your account page at www.pagelines.com/my-account. As long as you downloaded this zip file and installed it into your existing site via the appearance > themes tab you will be using DMS V2 on your site currently.

The skype room mentioned on the DMS V1 video you've linked about was for the 300 Developer community, this was a Developer community resource group for people creating products for the PageLines store, it wasn't part of the support services unfortunately.

The screenshots you've provided on the link above show that you're using DMS V2, therefore they won't match the examples shown in the youtube video as that was for the prior product, DMS V1. The DMS V2 startup guide is available at http://www.pagelines.com/user-guide/ this is related to the product you currently have installed and the images and examples contained inside this document are relevant to the product purchased, we currently have no video tutorials or video walk through for DMs V2 so any videos on the youtube channel will be related to previous products.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jjaschang

jjaschang

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:11 AM

(Please dear Batman or any powered users from moderator team, thank you for letting pagelines team help me. Thank you)

Hello
I am purchased client and can NOT have any help since then. As first time user, I studies where you go to see and try but still not working. I need help as you promised to PRO customers. Thank you in advance. 

This is what I can NOT:

1. can't I write thing on <Technical Support (Personal, Business, & Developer)> although i have purchased 'PageLines Club' Could you explain me why? 
  2. I can't have 'live chat' cuz there isn't any option show me no where.
  3. I have no idea if what I got is DMS 2, i can't find right information
  4. I have added Skype 'pagelines' but it seems no one is there? hmmm 
  5. on DMS 2, it seems parallax canvas selection supposed to be available but i don't see nowhere. Was that meaning I have to buy? (it was/is not clear on your demo)
  6. I have watched http://www.youtube.c...SUt-ZunDl31hsOw  and http://www.youtube.c...SUt-ZunDl31hsOw  but my interface and what i see on this videos are not the same. Is it normal?

Thank you for getting back to me as soon as possible. 

Thanks.

Jasmin 

PS. As you promised, to have 24/7 service, how can I reach that service?

Edited by jjaschang, 28 April 2014 - 02:13 AM.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Hi,

1. If you can't post in the Pro forums, then you haven't linked your forums account to your PageLines account on PageLines.com. To do this, logout of the forums, clear your browser history and then login to http://pagelines.com/my-account/ This should linked your accounts, if it doesn't, it means you have used two different email addresses. You will need to contact our helpdesk for support. - hello at pagelines dot com

2. I am not sure why you're asking for Live Chat, if you have purchased DMS. The live chat service no longer available, as it was being abused, Live chat was never supposed to be for support, it was to be used as a community chat channel. However, people were logging in and using it for support.

3. Not sure how you don't know what you have purchased, you can only purchase DMS 2 on our site ? However, you can find out what you have purchased, by logging into your PageLines account.

4. We do not provide support via Skype, all technical support is provided on our support forums only. 

5. You have me very confused I must say, you say you're using DMS 2, and that you have purchased it, but you're not sure what you have purchased. Then you say you have buy it to use the Parallax canvas section? So have you purchased DMS 2 or not. I can't provide support, if you do not know what you're using. I need more information.

6. Those videos are from DMS 1.x and are nearly one year old. However, DMS 1.x and DMS 2.x have very similar interfaces so if you're not see that interface, then my guess is that you're not using DMS 1.x or DMS 2.x. You're going to need to tell me what you have purchased and when you purchased it. Also provide a link to your site and screenshots of your active theme via WordPress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Themes (screenshot this page).

Also, please be aware that our forum policy is only one question per topic, if you have multiple questions not related, you will need to create a topic per question.

#3 jjaschang

jjaschang

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Hello Danny,

my attached images: http://www.mediafire...t99/Archive.zip  ( i couldn't attach here as it is large)

Thank you for reply. I tried to explain with images here. Hope this will help. 

1- I tried really everything. but still can't access to forum. 

2- OK for live chat. Funny, I thought I saw it somewhere as part of service. But it's ok.

3- Please see image #5

4- Skype, your video was inviting to Skype support   (the end part)

5 - please see image # 6

6- I guess with all these images, you will have pretty a good idea. The theme is just DMS. (Not DMS2 or something) 

Thanks.

Jasmin 

#4 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK
  • Framework Version:developer

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

I think Danny is asking whether you can access your account?

Once you have logged in there, you have 4 tab options, with the final one being "Support". There you will see Forums > CHECK/CREATE FORUM ACCOUNT FOR Your-username

[attachment=2161:My Account PageLines (FILEminimizer).png]

That will set up your access  to the forum, based on what you have

#5 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

@GetMeWebDesign the user has access, thats what the little heart icon is under the name.

• batman likes this

#6 jjaschang

jjaschang

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Hello dear super member, 

Please read my thread very carefully. And as i mentioned at the very beginning, please do NOT reply on this. I  wish to have help from pagelines support team ONLY at this stage..if possible. 

But thank for your willing of helping. 

Jasmin 

#7 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK
  • Framework Version:developer

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

@Simon_P LOL... never noticed that before... so nothing to do with Milk Tray

@jjaschang Apologies...misread you initial post

#8 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:33 AM   Best Answer

You will now be able to post in the Pro forum areas - http://screencast.com/t/KIQzpqoZiaR

I have checked your account and can confirm you are a DMS V2 user, you purchased the PageLines Standard Club membership. Upon completing your purchase you would have been granted access to the dms.zip in your account page at www.pagelines.com/my-account. As long as you downloaded this zip file and installed it into your existing site via the appearance > themes tab you will be using DMS V2 on your site currently.

The skype room mentioned on the DMS V1 video you've linked about was for the 300 Developer community, this was a Developer community resource group for people creating products for the PageLines store, it wasn't part of the support services unfortunately.

The screenshots you've provided on the link above show that you're using DMS V2, therefore they won't match the examples shown in the youtube video as that was for the prior product, DMS V1. The DMS V2 startup guide is available at http://www.pagelines.com/user-guide/ this is related to the product you currently have installed and the images and examples contained inside this document are relevant to the product purchased, we currently have no video tutorials or video walk through for DMs V2 so any videos on the youtube channel will be related to previous products.

#9 jjaschang

jjaschang

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Thank you James,

Finally I think i got the right one. It is pretty confusing with all information here and there. I think it would be good to indicate clearly.

Person like me, not professional designer neither developer had hard time to figure out. Hope everything will be alright! :)

Have a nice day.

Jasmin

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

You're welcome Jasmin. I agree, the core team are aware of the issues users are currently having in getting started and are looking at completely revamping the docs and start up experience so its much easier and user friendly. If you have any further issues, just drop a new post and member of the team will be able to help further :-)

#11 jjaschang

jjaschang

• Members

• 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

Thank you! 

Jasmin 

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.