Photo
Scroll Header Pro

Site broken with double quotes in header

Best Answer bestrag , 28 April 2014 - 09:29 AM

Hi,

sure there is a way to delete that value from the database. You would need to understand how to alter an object that is stored in it and its big one so it might seem confusing if you never done it before.

If you want you can PM me credentials I will be glad to fix it for you. 

also, thanks for your concern about our site. It should be back again very soon.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mattesar

mattesar

• Members

• 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

Hi, I'm using SHP with DMS2. It works fine until I inserted some stuff with "" in the title (header?) field (the one that will be displayed in ScrollSpy) Can you tell me where the data of the title field is stored in the database so I can delete it? Thanks.

#2 bestrag

bestrag

• Members

• 235 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

Hello, mattersar.

Tiltle field is value of the HTML element's title attribute. This value is used by ScrollSpy (read the scrollspy docs)

<div title="Title in scrollspy" class="scroll-header"...

Therefor, you can't use " there because it will break the html structure. Use ' instead.

regards,

Bestrag

#3 mattesar

mattesar

• Members

• 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:04 AM

Hi Bestrag,

Thanks for the swift reply.

Is there any way I can undo the entry? Maybe delete the value in database or something? I can't even access my editor anymore without deactivating the plugin lol.

I mean, I have backups but I made so many changes since the last one.

Thanks. And when will your site be finished lol. It must've been like that for 2 weeks.

Edited by mattesar, 28 April 2014 - 05:08 AM.

#4 bestrag

bestrag

• Members

• 235 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:29 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

sure there is a way to delete that value from the database. You would need to understand how to alter an object that is stored in it and its big one so it might seem confusing if you never done it before.

If you want you can PM me credentials I will be glad to fix it for you. 

also, thanks for your concern about our site. It should be back again very soon.

#5 mattesar

mattesar

• Members

• 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hi Bestrag,

Nevermind, I just made a new page + template and rebuilt from scratch (it's just a one-page navi landing page).

Thanks for the great product, I've also bought your Navi thing just now. You're my favourite Pagelines developer :P

Edited by mattesar, 28 April 2014 - 09:57 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scroll Header Pro