Photo

Child Theme for Platform Pro Dev setup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 ns32

ns32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:01 AM

WP v. 3.0.1. PlatformPro v. 1.1.3. PlatformBase v. 1.0.1. I'm having trouble getting the PlatformBase child theme to work. Other than the Wordpress Codex and the readme files, is there a general resource someone can refer me to?

#2 ns32

ns32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:40 AM

On a fresh install, PlatformBase, the child theme, can't find PlatformPro, the parent theme. ("Mommy?") The problem was solved when I renamed the directory of the parent theme from "platformpro" to "PlatformPro" to match the way it's named in the child theme's files. For example, by default, lines 11 through 23 of style.css in the child theme are: Template: PlatformPro /* ======================= */ /* = Get PlatformPro CSS = */ /* ======================= */ /* Get Core CSS */ @import url('../PlatformPro/core/css/core.css'); /* Get Dynamic CSS */ @import url('../PlatformPro/core/css/dynamic.css'); /* Get Theme-Parent CSS */ @import url('../PlatformPro/css/theme.css'); But when I uploaded the PlatformPro theme as a .zip using the native Wordpress theme installer, the directory for that theme was "platformpro," not "PlatformPro," and that caused an issue.