DMS 1 Editor not showing page elements that are visible on live site.

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I am having a weird problem with only one page on a client site.

http://www.penncommercial.edu/why-penn-commercial

Is showing two of the bottom footer bar in the live view, but only a single version of it in the editor. I've attached screen caps of both. I'd love to get rid of the top copy (since it does not seem to be properly in the footer), but can't do that if I can't edit it.

Yikes!

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hmm, look like two different text box sections as one has the URLS for the links added but one doesn't. One is in the Footer one in the page content.

Could you enable the debug for us in Site settings > advanced and let us know and we can look into this further 

Posted · Report post

Hi Martin, 

Thanks a ton for taking a look! I've enabled debug as you suggested. Looking forward to any insight you can give and very much appreciate your time.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Martin,

So this is beyond weird… I enabled debug for you. Then I went to that page and realized that we needed to set the background image globally to "scroll"… 

Went to: Settings > Color & BG and changed "Set Background Attachment" to 'Scroll'.

From there, clicked "Publish"...

Refreshed the page and the menu item had been deleted completely site wide and all that was left was an empty text box with the "add text message". (This has happened a few times before -- where we edit or save a global setting and something else disappears entirely.)

Since we are used to this happening, I had the HTML already saved in a text file and copy/pasted it into the box… now there is only one instance of the menu bar.

So, that problem is fixed I guess. How and why it worked that way is beyond me (and I swear my photoshop skills didn't come into play when making those screen caps!!)

Any light you can shed on what we might have done wrong and why that text box emptied itself is much appreciated. 

Thank you.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the update - the debug information is here http://www.penncommercial.edu/?pldebug=1/

There appears to be an issue with server permissions highlighted in the debug info 

DMS Internal Warning
Less Subsystem
Unable to set filesystem credentials

Please see this post for further information http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/30859-dms-upgrade-requires-write-access/

Please contact your host and make sure you have write permissions on your server setup 

Posted · Report post

Thank you very very much Martin! I know you guys have gotten a lot of negative feedback about the shift to DMS over the past year, but I would like you to know that we have been exceedingly pleased at the "go the extra mile" level of support that you guys have offered. Thank you so much.

Posted · Report post

Hi @abeedle 

Thank you for your positive words. 

Anytime we can help with anything just ask :) 

let us know how you get on with this