Photo
- - - - -

Submenu not coming to front in IE7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 bazpage

bazpage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:10 PM

I've put a menu on my site

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

using menubar plug-in. I've noticed that the submenu (beneath Poker Strategy) is appearing behind the main content. This is happening with IE7 or IE8 in IE7 compatability mode. It works ok with Firefox.

I know this is probably more of a WordPress problem but I think there's probably some easy solution but not being an expert coder I'm having difficulty finding it. Anybody any ideas please?

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:55 PM

Which version of the theme are you using? We had some problems with this earlier (bug) but its been fixed in recent versions of StationPro

#3 bazpage

bazpage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

It's StationPro 2.0.0. If there is a newer version how do I get to upgrade btw?

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

Yes, we are on 2.1.0. To update just submit a request to hello@pagelines.com with the email and date of your original purchase.

#5 bazpage

bazpage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:21 AM

Cheers Andrew. I've submitted that request now. Btw is there anywhere you can check for the latest version?

#6 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

No but we'll be switching to a server based product hosting solution; which will be much better than E-junkie for this type of thing. We'll also be posting the most recent version on the theme pages.

#7 bazpage

bazpage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

Hi Andrew. Cheers I got the update. I have tested it on my local pc and I still have the same problem. To elaborate on the issue I'm using an add-on called menubar - the only php I've edited on my test platform of the latest stationpro theme is the header.php where I take out <div class="contentshadow fix"> and below and repalce it with <div> <?php do_action('wp_menubar','superfish_top_menu'); ?> </div> <!-- /nav --> Meanwhile I'm going to keep trying to figure it out.

#8 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

oh.. ok its the plugin then. add this to custom css `.ssf-red-wrap {position:relative; z-index: 50;}` and cross your fingers.

#9 bazpage

bazpage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

yeehaw :) - that little changed worked Andrew. I had been pulling apart the header.php and style.css - was actually making some progress I think, but all I really needed was that one simple line. It works for Station Pro 2.0.0 also. Also I'm just wondering what differences there are between version 2.1.1 and version 2.0.0 as I've done a lot of little tweaks on version 2.0.0 so I don't want to upgrade the live version unless I really have to as I would have to redo some tweaking. thanks a lot for your help. Barry.

#10 mseabra

mseabra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:27 AM

I am having the same issue on ie and firefox. I have version 2.1.1. The site is proffer.hotpromo.biz. Thx Marco

#11 mseabra

mseabra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:31 AM

By the way, i used the following css with no luck. #nav ul.dropdown ul li a {position:relative; z-index: 5000;}

#12 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:06 PM

are you using the same plugin?