Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 RevSlider Video Sync

Question

Posted · Report post

I have loaded a couple videos into my revslider, but I cannot get them to sync smoothly.  Rather than running the clip in full and then moving to the next slide and running the next video in full, I am getting a very jerky transition that repeats parts of the video and/or randomly selects part of the next video.  I have tried to sync the videos in terms of length and set the slide transition time to the common video length, but this doesn't seem to fix the problem.  

I have used this in the Slide Extra Options and am wondering if this might be causing the problem

<div class="caption rvslide-opt1 sft"  data-x="-20" data-y="30" data-speed="700" data-start="200" data-easing="easeOutBack">a global leader in the</div>

<div class="caption rvslide-opt1 sft"  data-x="-20" data-y="60" data-speed="700" data-start="200" data-easing="easeOutBack">prevention, screening & treatment of</div>

<div class="caption rvslide-opt2 lft"  data-x="-20" data-y="110" data-speed="500" data-start="500" data-easing="easeOutBack">CERVICAL CANCER</div>

<div class="caption lfl" data-x="650" data-y="400" data-speed="500" data-start="1900" data-easing="easeOutBack"><a href="cervical-cancer/"><button class="btn btn-large slider-btn btn-primary">Learn More</button></a><a href="donate/"> <button class="btn btn-large slider-btn btn-important btn-left"  link="donate/">Donate Now</button></a></div>

login flywheel
pw cidrz14

please delete from the post for security

Thanks in advance for any help!

12 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi,

So you want the slide to move onto the next slide as the video is about to end ?

Posted · Report post

Exactly, that is what I was trying to do.  Is it possible or am I asking too much?

Posted · Report post

What have you set your Time Per Slide in Milliseconds (e.g. 12000) too ?

Posted · Report post

9400 - each video is 9.4 seconds long.

Posted · Report post

Well from viewing your site, thats too long, try 9000 or something else.

Posted · Report post

that worked a little better, but its still not fluid.  I think I am being a bit too ambitious.  I will have to adjust my usage so that if there is video in the revslider, there can only be one slide... thanks for your help! 

Posted · Report post

I think the best thing you can do is edit the video so that when it loops, it syncs perfectly, at the moment that white splash at the end is making it look a little odd. I think rather than editing the section, edit the video instead. Thats what our team did on the demo of DMS 2.

Posted · Report post

I put that in there because I had to upload a slide and I ended up uploading a blank white slide.  So you are saying to cut the white fade out and splah out of the video and then just put them back to back?  I can give that a try.  Any advice on what to use for the required slide?  Do I even need it (I think I took it out and it is black by default.  Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Ok I cut out the white, but am still having the same problem.  Just looked at the demo site and you guys have the bridge video bleeding into the stars video after the second run through.  I suppose this is just a limitation of the revslider.  With the right kind of video/transition its not noticable (liek for the dms2 demo).  But for what I am doing it wont work.  Will make adaptations accordingly. thanks for your help Danny!

Posted · Report post

Yeah I see what you mean, I no experience in editing videos, but I do believe removing the white splash and having it loop would be the best option. You should probably sign up to a video editing forum and see what they advise.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I took the splash out. but even with timed videos and times transitions, it still has the skipping (even on the Pageline demo).  No problem though, DMS2 is almost perfect!

Posted · Report post

Let us know how you get on.