DMS 2 Adding Unique Titles and Descriptions to Category Pages.

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi Everyone.

I run my blog over at http://foodandfitness.co.uk, i'm currently rebranding and updating using DMS 2 (which is pretty badass).

It would be extremely useful for me to be able to add a unique title and description to the top of every category page, mostly for user experience and SEO purposes.

Seeing that the category page uses the same template, any edits to one category page are applied to the rest.

Is there a simple solution to my problem? Is there an easy way to customise each category page so that it becomes unique? I would simply like to be able to add a text box to the top of each category page.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a Wordpress issue or a DMS issue, so i apologise in advance - but after hours searching various forums with zero success it would be great if someone has a definitive answer to this?

Many thanks in advance,

Ste.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi stebac

I´m not sure but... perhaps you can use the "Post Info" section

http://screencast.com/t/1h02gfaT

Posted · Report post

Thanks batman

This is a useful section, but i really need to be able to add unique content to each individual category page.

I currently have categories for food, recipes, fitness, health and lifestyle.

I really could do with a way to add a unique title and and paragraph of text to each category page - just like the text box allows.

Although when adding a text box to one category page, the content is added to every category page - i think because it is a special page like the post loop that uses the same template?

Thank you very much for your suggestion though, it is appreciated.

Ste.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hi again

It is very interesting your question 
Maybe you can try to add multiple "textbox" and hide one by one on the corresponding pages.
;)

Posted · Report post

ahhh

Of course, certainly, you can add a function with a hook but I don't know nothing about this, this is for me more complicated than the "Davinci Code"

:)

Posted · Report post

batman - Thanks once again for your help! I agree some things can become more complicated than the Davinci Code, haha.

James B - Thanks for pointing me towards what looks like some useful advice, i will set some time aside in the coming days to give these solutions a try.

Thanks very much guys.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for informing us your question has been answered.