nadielp

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to move the navigation on Flipper below the image post area?  I considered just suppressing the navigation all together but I need to have access to four images not one.I really need to figure something out. The speck from the designer/client was to have navigation on the images but I don't see that as a possibility. 

I also realize that this is not really very likely to do. If anyone has any thoughts on how else to navigate that would be useful too. I have been looking at this and reading posts about Flipper and I just have it close enough to be willing to just ask and see what happens...as I continue to work this one out. My goal is to get the image (at  a decent size and the excerpt into the initial view for the users...

The site is http://nela-pow.org/

Thanks!

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

Hi @nadielp 

Flipper basically doesn't do this at the moment and there are no options for this, i will move this topic to ideas & Feedback so the Developer can see this suggested change. 

On the other hand, you say you have nearly got close. How have you attempted to do this and what success have you had?

• nadielp likes this

#3 nadielp

nadielp

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

I meant that I have flipper nearly where I need it for the rest of my spec...so I had several issues to address the navigation being one of them. 

The problem for me is that none of the sections will do what I need for this area. The sliders don't and none of the post loop displays do either. I am really struggling with this aspect of the site.

If I were in charge of the design I would live with the navigation at the top but the designer on this is being stubborn. If you have any suggestions on which section would pull a few posts with on-image navigation to the other posts

I would happily work at shaping that for the site. I have done a lot of looking and I haven't seen much...

Thanks!

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:53 PM

You could take the section and rewrite it so it displays differently you would of course not be able to get support with this change and make sure you do not alter the original files and add the changes to the files in your child theme. Knowledge of PHP should allow you to do this. 

What are the issues with the sliders and post loop? 

#5 nadielp

nadielp

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for taking the time with this Martin. I will add that although I have worked in IT for many, many years I do not have the same skills with Wordpress or WebDesign so if I sound green here it is because I am.

I need to pull the featured image and the excerpt into whatever display section I incorporate. That said, rev slider does not pull info and neither does the quickslider (my initial hope was to use one of those). The designer/owner of the site is specific about not wanting to post things in repetition. I have then played with Flipper since I could use it to show case images. If one of the sliders could pull posts I'd be good but they don't. If I am missing how to use another section to achieve this please let me know...I have looked at all of them in some regard or another but I am not seeing how I can get this all in a section that is in the list or for sale...

Once again thanks for your time. I really do appreciate it.

#6 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

Hi there,

There's a third party section on the PageLines store which sounds close to what you described. Check out - http://www.pagelines...t-blog-entries/ there's a demo which you can see all the different display formats.

Instead of Rev slider you could use http://www.pagelines...ns/post-slider/

#7 nadielp

nadielp

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

Thanks James, I looked at post-slider and had considered it as a solution. I had run across an issue with regard to the site but that was before I hit the larger issue with Flipper. I like the latest blog entries. I need to give it a bit closer of a look. Not sure how I missed this one. Thank you so much for pointing it out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DMS2