• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 oksanasim

oksanasim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:12 AM

Hi, I have a pagination issue that I need some help with. Inserted pagination at the end of my blog posts page and keep getting 404 error when clicking on "previous page" or "page 2" ( when using in conjunction with WP-pagenavi) 

I am running Wordpress 3.9 and a Free DMS theme. My reading settings are set to show 9 posts at most.

The link to the blog page is http://www.drinkteaa...m/travel-diary 

Would appreciate any help to resolve this. 

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

Hi,

The link you gave me just gives a 404, can you disable all active plugins and provide a link to the page(s) in question please. Also, enable DMS debug mode ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

#3 oksanasim

oksanasim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

Ok I've enabled DMS debug and deactivated all plugins - still getting 404 error on page 2.  The blog page is http://www.drinkteaa...m/travel-diary/ that shouldn't have 404 error. 

The page that does give me 404 error is http://www.drinkteaa...-diary/page/2/ 

thanks in advance for your help

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

You still have WP Super Cache active, we are unable to provide support to users who have cache plugins active. Also, you have as far as I can tell an issue where you have PageLines Framework styling on the NavBar even though you're using DMS ?

The cache plugin is likely the cause of your issue.

#5 oksanasim

oksanasim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hmmm, the cache plug-in was deactivated as well, so i'm not sure why it is showing as turned on. But to be sure i reactivated it and turned caching off, and then deactivated the plugin again. Hopefully that deactivated it now? Can you please check? This did not fix the 404 error. 

Also, I don't understand your other comment about Pagelines framework on the Navbar. Sorry, i'm fairly new to this, so still figuring my way out. Is there something i need to do to fix that? What would you recommend? 

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

It isn't showing as turned on, but your pages are still cache, you can see this by viewing your page source and looking at the bottom. However, it does appear as though you have now resolved this.

In regards to the Pagination issue, I don't believe this is DMS specific, but may be related to your site itself. To prove this, can you disable DMS as a the active theme and replace it with Twenty Fourteen or Twenty Thirteen please. When you have, see if the issue persists.

#7 oksanasim

oksanasim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

what happens to all the content that i created with DMS once I disable the theme? Will i lose it all if i switch to another theme and have to rebuild it upon reactivation? 

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16342 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Make a backup before hand just as a precaution. However, when you switch back to DMS, the content should still remain, but backup just incase.

#9 Sergey L

Sergey L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:14 AM

Hi oksanasim, I see that you mamanged to fix your problem with pagination. What did you do for that, bacause I have the same issue?

#10 Sergey L

Sergey L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

As Danny advised I've disabled PlatformPro and Activate Twenty Twelve and pagination also doesn't works. It's mean the problem is not in PlatformPro, but may be you can advice where should I look for then.

#11 Sergey L

Sergey L

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:23 AM

All plugins was deactivated - it doen't help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pagination