#1 wren

wren

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Hi,

I got Better iBoxes awhile back and tweaked around with it on my Home page, then went away from doing anything with my site for a number of months. Now I need to get going on it again and I'm not sure how I got my iBoxes to come out the way they are. It's cool, but some of them I'd like to change but I can't find where I made the original changes. Visiting my site will make it clearer––

1) Currently I have all of my boxes set so there is no border and no background. This makes the text transparent against my page background. In some cases this works but I don't see anywhere how I can change my background setting to do otherwise, i.e. have a background so my text is readable and not transparent against the page.

2) I tried increasing the size of my first iBox's icon by inputting a value in the setting box. But regardless of what value I put in, it makes no difference, all my box icons remain the same size. Is this an issue with DMS2? Or this something I can adjust by adding some code? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks!

Wren

http://www.acmeworx.com

#2 ahansson89

ahansson89

Advocate

• Members

• 522 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

I have no idea what you are trying to do with it. It looks awful!

Start over with a clean install and with DMS2 - there shouldnt be any problems with Better iBoxes and DMS2 of what I know of.

#3 wren

wren

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

By the way––

I'm noticing that the iBox text is always set to the highlight color as if all of the text is linkable. Is there a way to keep the text black, regardless of the global highlight settings, and only have it highlight when rolled over?

#4 wren

wren

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

Thanks, it is pretty weird as it is now. But if I wanted at some point to create a new page with a plain background, where I would want the iBoxes to appear as they are now––with transparent backgrounds––would I be able to make that setting happen again? I think it is an interesting effect but have no idea how it got to there to begin with.

I'll try re-installing and see what happens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Better iBoxes, background-settings, icon-size-setting