Photo
- - - - -

PageLines Sections LESS/CSS error

Best Answer admin50 , 02 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Finding an online search reference to this error at https://reviews.apac...g/r/14110/diff/

-- after backing up the original -- I carefully made the same changes to the /themes/pagelines/less/mixins.less --

The errors have disappeared after flushing the LESS. The All-in-One calendar plug-in remains active and functioning normally.

Not sure what the issue was exactly, but it seems to be the resolution, in case anyone else using 2.4.4 has a similar situation.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 admin50

admin50

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

I have just updated to WP 3.9, using Pagelines 2.4.4 and now seeing at top of Dashboard the following. No idea where this code resides. Have deactivated all plugins to see if any are the cause. Nothing helps. Any advice very appreciated.

PageLines Sections LESS/CSS error.
parse error: failed at `(~"> .span@{index}") { .span(@index); }` line: 907

PageLines CORE LESS/CSS error.

PageLines Custom LESS/CSS error.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17131 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

HI,

Can you remove all custom CSS/LESS you have added and then flush your CSS which is under DMS Toolbar > Settings > Reset. If this doesn't resolve your issue, please disable all third party sections and see then flush the CSS again.

#3 admin50

admin50

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

I am using 2.4.4 so I don't have the flush CSS option.
I don't have any code in the Custom CSS/LESS, only added CSS in the child theme style.css, and nothing
in that code related.
I don't use any third party sections, only Pagelines. Have tried deactivating/activating those.
The errors disappear briefly when I re-save from Pagelines site options, but reappear quickly

Many thanks for helping on this.

#4 admin50

admin50

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

I do have DEBUG active, and I see "LESS Compile Error!" at the end of the top menu bar. I assume that might be where the Flush LESS button would appear in 2.4.4.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17131 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

#6 admin50

admin50

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

www.atpam.com

the error doesn't seem to be affecting the site -- as far as I can tell.

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17131 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

You need to disable all active plugins, we can not provide support to users when they have cache plugins active, as this is likely the cause. Please disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your problem.

#8 caleb

caleb

• Members

• 16 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Hi,

I'm getting the same error 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Any luck in figuring it out?

Thanks,

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17131 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Your pages are still cached, we can't provide support if you have cache pages, as it could well be the likely cause. Please disable all active plugins and make sure your cache is flushed.

#10 admin50

admin50

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

I believe the issue is somehow related to the Timely All-In-One Calendar plug-in we rely on. The cached error code (starting with the "~") seems to be from that.  Deactivating the plug-in removes the error after flushing the code in the View Site mode (which I didn't notice earlier since my user hides the admin menu when previewing the site). Re-activating the plug-in brings the error back.  I will look for a replacement if that plug-in isn't updated to work properly with Pagelines and WordPress 3.9.

I hope this is the solution.  For now I will have to live with the ongoing error.  I do appreciate the assistance, in any case.

#11 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

I'm sure there was an issue with this plugin before, that or the all in one calendar. I'll speak with our Developer as from what I can remember they were in contact with the plugin author previously and managed to resolved the previous problem (unrelated to this one) quite quickly.

#12 admin50

admin50

• Members

• 6 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:20 PM   Best Answer

Finding an online search reference to this error at

-- after backing up the original -- I carefully made the same changes to the /themes/pagelines/less/mixins.less --

The errors have disappeared after flushing the LESS. The All-in-One calendar plug-in remains active and functioning normally.

Not sure what the issue was exactly, but it seems to be the resolution, in case anyone else using 2.4.4 has a similar situation.

#13 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

Finding an online search reference to this error at

Nice! Thanks :)

Framework uses a heavily customized version of Bootstrap for it's less implementation. Bootstrap changed the way it syntax or some of its structure is written. (for want of a better phrase)  So may need to be updated. I will add an issue to the tracker and hopefully your info will help. 

- Actually - although the above is true. This is because the Timely plugin implements a compiler that runs before the Framework LESS does. This would need to be reported to the Plugin author as the issue is coming from the plugin. 

#14 pixelsrzen

pixelsrzen

• Members

• 9 posts
  • LocationMuskegon, MI USA
  • Framework Version:2.4

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

This is a long-standing issue. I'm thankful that someone found a way to work around this issue, although digging around in delivered code that should be tested and verified feels a little odd.

Frankly, I don't give a hoot whose 'fault' this is. It needs to be fixed. Time.ly and PageLines developers need to play nice and make this work. The sooner the better.

#15 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17131 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

PageLines Framework works fine out of the box, if a plugin doesn't work with PageLines Framework then you will need to contact the developer of the plugin.