DMS 2 Disabling Fixed and Header sections permanently?

Question

Posted · Report post

I would like to have my front page go as-is with only one full-width section + the footer. I'm not having success in permanently removing the top Fixed and Header sections. The Header goes away but then returns, the Fixed I especially want gone––I've tried changing the background color to black, which the editor allows me to set, but nothing happens when I refresh and publish. Bug?

Anyway, I'd much rather have the two sections deleted for my first page.

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Aaah...the old clearing cache and restarting browser trick. All's well.

Posted · Report post

In the options for the header and footer you can hide the elements on specific pages - using the page options you can see the page id. copy this and add it to the 'hide on specific pages' options in the header and footer. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I did know about that hide option. But I do see what the problem is––when I refresh my page on another laptop running Firefox, it doesn't reflect the changes. And unfortunately, Chrome on my PC laptop running Windows 7 is also still showing that 'Fixed' header.

Also, in both cases, the color change setting to black for that 'Fixed' section isn't working either. For whatever reason that is, but I am seeing that the Hide setting is 'sticking' in my Chrome browser on a 'newer' Macintosh (larger dinosaur). So it seems that only on one of three laptops does the screen refresh after an update. Mysterious...

Posted · Report post

what plugins do you have activated. 

Have you clicked publish? is the light green? 

if the site isnt showing changes then it either isnt published or you need to clear your other browsers cache. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

And the plot sickens...I've just logged out of Wordpress and now I see that all three laptops show that Fixed section when I'm not logged in. Seems it is truly fixed. Is there a way to tweak it in the back end to make it go away?

Posted · Report post

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.