9 replies to this topic

#1 jenrusfreelance

jenrusfreelance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

Hello -

The slider that is on the Home Page of our website (www.rphospital.org) is not showing up/working properly. I have tried to reload and fix things in the back-end of the slider options but it is still not showing up. Please advise. Any direction to get the slider to work again is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Cheyenne

#2 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

Hi @jenrusfreelance

What about the slider isn't working? which slider are you using? where on your site might this be located? ;) 

#3 jenrusfreelance

jenrusfreelance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

We are using the QuickSlider and it should display in between the menu and the three 'Services', 'Jobs', and 'Birthing Center' towards the bottom of the Home Page. It has worked fine in the past but within the last couple of days it is not appearing.

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

HI there - inspected you site and there is no slider added to your page. Make sure you have published the changes in the DMS editor 

#5 jenrusfreelance

jenrusfreelance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Yes, we have published the changes in the DMS Editor. The slider on the home page was displaying and showing up fine until just this week and now it's not showing - Not sure what's going on or what else we can do. We have uploaded all the QuickSlider pictures again and started from scratch on it, but no avail. Any other thoughts?

Thanks for looking into this!

#6 GetMeWebDesign

GetMeWebDesign

Advocate

• Members

• 524 posts
  • LocationSurrey, UK
  • Framework Version:developer

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:28 AM

You dont have a slider uploaded to that page. 

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16526 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hi,

You're using PageLines Framework, but have posted in the DMS forums, please refrain from doing this, as they're completely separate products. Therefore, I have moved your topic to the correct forum.

In regards to your issue, your problem is that you have the default slider images missing, i.e. they have been uploaded, this is giving 4 or 5 404 errors in the Browser console. You will need to fix this by uploading the images yourself or add your own images to your slider.

Also,  I recommend you download PageLines Framework from GitHub, as it is the Premium version of PageLines Framework, whilst you're using the free version from Wordpress.org.

Please be aware that PageLines Framework is now considered legacy and will eventually be no longer supported. Therefore, I recommend you upgrade to DMS.

• GetMeWebDesign likes this

#8 jenrusfreelance

jenrusfreelance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Thanks for the reply- 

I am confused though.  See here:  http://www.rphospita...quickslider.jpg.  It is from Pagelines/Page Options/Quick Slider.  As you can see, there ARE images uploaded there, but they are not showing on the home page.

Any advice on this one?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I will look at the upgrade.

#9 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

Hi @jenrusfreelance

If you can create an admin logon for your site and send the credentials to hello @ PageLines dot com along with a link tot his forum topic i will jump on your site and take a look for you. 

#10 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

Hi Cheyenne

I've logged in and taken a look at your site. You definitely have a jquery error on the site, which is most likely caused by the plugins you have installed. You'll notice that in the edit page meta some of the icons aren't aligned and the buttons float about etc. Whenever you see this something is conflicting with the core code and overriding it.

http://screencast.com/t/nVLSPMTn

http://screencast.com/t/tdccbItK6Ok4

Please disable and flush the super cache plugin you have installed, then deactivate it. Then disable your other plugins, clear the browser cache and check the page again. The template isn't currently showing that there is a quickslider in the layout, so after you've done the above add the slider again into the layout and save.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slider, home page