DMS 2 DMS2 Quickslider Speed Control

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello,

Let me start by saying how positive I think the new DMS 2 system is. Seems much more stable and so far we are really enjoying it.

One problem that I am having though, is that the quickslider speed seems too fast. Is there anywhere where I can control the transition speed of slide time length? I know that this was not possible in other versions previously but I feel pretty strongly that the default transition goes more quickly then it should. I know that the quickslider was built to be an easy and fast solution to making a slideshow but just adding this one piece of control would greatly improve the functionality and usability for our clients.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you for you time and effort!

3 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi there 

as you mentioned Quickslider doesn't have many options by design. 

I will bring this up with the dev's to see they are aware of your feedback. 

Have you tried another slider? such as

Posted · Report post

Hi Martin Davies,

Thanks for the response! I am very familiar with other alternatives such as Revolution Slider which we love. However, this client does not need anything fancy and the simpler the better. Just a simple slideshow with the only controllable option being the slide speed would be perfect. I can certainly go in and change something in the core settings if that works but could not find where those controls would be within the files. I know this is not the recommended solution since any updates will erase my changes but if that is the only way to control that then that is what we will have to do.

If you are passing comments along to your dev team I would want to thank them for how easy it is upload photos and order the slides. As a web designer it is great to have such an easy system for clients to understand. My only suggestions (either for quick slider or for possible a new slider option) would be for users to control the transition or duration speed as well as to ability to define the aspect ration for the slides (much the way that the old Features section allowed). Both of these settings could either be per individual slideshows or could be a universal setting. 

Okay, back to topic... so my question is if there is a file I could edit in the backend plugin or appearance 'Editor' that would edit all of the quick slider slide speeds, even if this file will get over ridden with future updates. 

Thanks again Martin!

Posted · Report post

If you want to change the speed you will need to edit the core files, specifically the js of the flexslider. Therefore, you will need to create a child section of QuickSlider. Then edit the jquery.flexslider.js file. However, we only provide a minified version with QuickSlider.

So you can visit the official github repo and download an unminified version there and edit away.

https://github.com/woothemes/FlexSlider