#1 umar14

umar14

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

Hi,

My Sub Menu drop down is under the slider which hides my sub menu options. Please check on http://dev2.socrato.com/

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

Hi,

Have you added any custom CSS at all ? As when I test this on my test site running a vanilla WordPress and PageLines, I am unable to replicate it.

To resolve your issue add the following:

#site ul.sub-menu.dropdown-menu {
z-index: 1555;
}

#3 umar14

umar14

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

Thanks Danny this css fix resolved my issue. I have not added any custom css at all except the custom css from DMS editor as

.socialinks-wrap .sl-links {
  float: none;
  text-align: center;
}

#site ul.sub-menu.dropdown-menu {
  z-index: 1555;

}

You have the user and pass of my site please check if I have added anything which caused this navigation issue.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

Well here is my test site running the latest version of WordPress and DMS.

NavBar - http://cl.ly/image/1l1526003r2F

Navi - http://cl.ly/image/1Z0P2p101N2N

#5 umar14

umar14

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

Hi Danny,

I also want my navigation to be in same way as you have in 2nd image (Navi). They should be in tabs and not as drop downs.

I have latest version of WP and DMS2, How can I change the drop down navigation to the tabbed one like you have in image 2?

Regards,

Umar

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

I am not sure what you mean by tabs, I didn't understand in your topic about this either. Those aren't tabs, those are drop downs, which you can see here - http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/

Hover over the More Pages menu item, its just a mega menu.

#7 umar14

umar14

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

I have used the revSlider in place of quick slider and same issue repeats. My menu drop down is hidden under the rev slider. How to fix this?

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

You must have some custom CSS which is effecting the drop downs on your site or something caused by a plugin, as whatever section I add be it the QuickSlider or the RevSlider, I am unable to recreate your drop down menu issue.

https://cloudup.com/cSnEkphXhIR

Therefore, you will need to disable all active plugins and remove any custom scripts or CSS you have added, as that is the likely cause.

#9 umar14

umar14

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

Hi Danny,

This is not the solution to my issue, you always suggesting disabling the plugins or removing the custom css. I cannot remove the custom css as my whole is site is almost done and I have added a lot of custom css. Deactivating any plugin is not the permanent solution to resolves the issue. If disabling the plugin resolves the issue, does not mean I will keep that plugin disabled. You have user and pass of my site, please login and have a look.

Thanks

#10 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts
  • LocationManchester, England
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

Disabling Plugins and removing custom code are the first steps at finding the issue with any problem. 

#11 umar14

umar14

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

The issue was something else which I fixed myself after spending a lot. I did not uninstall any plugin not removed any custom css.

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:25 AM

I am unable to recreate your issue on my fresh installation of WordPress and PageLines DMS, I have used both the Navi and NavBar section with drop down menus along with RevSlider, Flipper, Quick Carousel and Quick Slider. Every time, my drop down menu appears above those sections. Therefore, your issue with drop down menus appearing underneath these sections has to be related to either a plugin or custom CSS/LESS you have added.

If you refuse to remove your custom CSS, then we're unable to provide any further assistance. As the issue is likely caused by your code, especially as I am unable to recreate it. Our support staff are not here to diagnose users issues created by third party plugins, custom code or scripts. We ask all users to disable all active plugins, remove all custom code/CSS/LESS they have added to make sure this isn't a bug in DMS.

If we are unable to recreate an issue the most likely cause is 99% of the time generated by third party plugins. If a user encounters a cosmetic issues, 99% of the time this is usually generated by custom CSS.

So, the issue with your drop down menus as far as I am concerned at this moment in time, is related to your custom CSS. However, we are unable to provide any further assistance, as you have refused to remove it.

• GetMeWebDesign likes this

#13 sheilahoff

sheilahoff

Advocate

• Members

• 471 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

@umar14 see this thread http://forum.pagelin...nd-quickslider/

• batman likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: slider, sub menu, menu drop down