DMS 2 Best way to duplicate pl-fixed-top header and include accordion

Question

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well this is my third time typing this because somehow it keeps getting deleted :( So here we go!

Problem: Customization of Fixed navbar

Please view attached image for screen shot of my FIXED NAVIGATION currently active on my site. This will give you a frame of reference :)

As you can see, I currently have the PL fixed nav enabled. I would like to add an additional navigation bar either below or above (preferably below) that will include additional navigation options (see "WHAT I WANT" below)

Currently included within my fixed navigation bar (as can be seen within image)

1.       DMS OPTION: Default search box enabled via DMS Navigation settings checkbox

2.       DMS OPTION: Primary menu configured via DMS Navigation Settings Dropdown

3.       HACK: Custom Div added via HOOKER plugin (by Simon Poser) using the “Pagelines_Navbar_After_Menu” Hook

WHAT I WANT:

I would like to include another NAVBAR below this one that contains various DIVS.

Specifically I would like to include a list of links telling viewers “Where I Shop” – 

Ideally, I could use:

1. accordion OR

2. popover that DOES NOT close when you try and click on the popover area [Please see THIS BLOG HERE for example of this option w/I main menu.]

Why do I want to do this? Because I would like to provide as much as possible (navigation-wise) within my fixed navbar with as little space as possible. In other words, I want to provide lots of rich options. The reason why I want to include an accordion or popover is because I'd like them to have the information (links) readily available instead of sending them to another page - like a resources page.

I have tried the following:

1. using hooks to add content before POSTNAV, before PL-AREA, and AFTER POSTNAV but none of these options worked (....YES I have used the action map to make sure I'm adding content/hook to correct section/area)

2. adding a TEXTBOX (via DMS of course!) within header area and using CSS to apply fixed styles (as well as adding top margin to content area so that it would look right)

These options above did NOT work. 

what do you think I should do? thanks!

screenshot.png

Edited by brightonkeller

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Why don't you just get Uber menu. That would provide you with far more functionality should you need it at a later date (or see something you like on another's site), let alone less mobile view headaches

Posted · Report post

DMS has a mega menu built in.  It's demonstrated on http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/?dobar=1 

You might give that a try.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

jmad - thanks so much for chiming in! I can't seem to find this mega menu? are you just referring to the dropdowns demonstrated on the sample site? If so, how would I go about recreating such a dropdown menu?!

Posted · Report post

GetMeWebDesign this looks great! I think I might just have to try this!!! The options are essentially limitless!!!! Thanks so much for the suggestion! 

Posted · Report post

jmad - thanks so much for chiming in! I can't seem to find this mega menu? are you just referring to the dropdowns demonstrated on the sample site? If so, how would I go about recreating such a dropdown menu?!

This link will help you.... http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33562-navi-megamenu-class/

The DMS megamenu would suffice for your needs now. However, I personally think that Uber Menu not only offers more scope, but I prefer its mobile menu view. Just a matter of taste I suppose. If you are using Uber menu, then you will need to visit your Pagelines account and download the Uber Menu Adapter plugin