7 replies to this topic

#1 umar14

umar14

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

How can I create navigation which will show page children as tabs and not a drop down ?

Attached File  sub-nav.png   22.75KB   1 downloads

As in attachment the Students tab is parent for Socrato for Students, Features etc..  

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

HI,

The image you have linked isn't DMS, it looks like iBlogPro 3 or 4, this product is no longer supported.

However, all menus are created the same in WordPress, so you should read the documentation on menus in the WordPress Codex.

http://codex.wordpre...Menu_User_Guide

#3 umar14

umar14

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

The above guide does not show how to create sub menus as tabs but shows sub menus as drop downs like DMS do.

I have copied code from iblogPro for showing sub menu as tabs, what section should I use to add php code?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

If you have an active club subscription, then you can use the NextBox section. If you do not have an active subscription then you will not be able to have access to that section. Therefore, you will need to use a hook, I have already mentioned this in another one of our topics.

Please be aware that what you're doing is basically copying and pasting code from a really old legacy theme and attempting to use that code in DMS. I am not sure if this will work or not. Also, this is considered advanced customization. Therefore, we do not provide support for this kind of customization.

#5 umar14

umar14

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:17 AM

Ok please suggest me a best way to change the drop down menu to individual tabs.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:10 AM

If you want a similar navigation menu to how iBlogPro worked, you will either need to use a third party plugin or create the navigation yourself via a custom section. We do not provide support for advanced customization. You would probably find a guide somewhere via Google on how to create a horizontal sub menu for WordPress.

#7 umar14

umar14

Advanced Member

• Members

• 81 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

What is custom  section in DMS? How can I add this to template?

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17653 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

When I said custom section, I mean't you create your own section to implement the navigation you desire. I apologise, but what you're attempting to do is considered advanced customization, we do not support.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: navigation, page childeren, tabs